Wednesday, December 17

frickin frackin brrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Yesterday was the ickiest day so far of the crazy weather we've had lately. Ice. Freezin cold, slippery ice. School was delayed a couple hours, so the kids were thrilled. I went in to work late. My normal 15-20 minute drive took 45, but that's okay. I was safe, the truck was safe and I saw no accidents. The kids got to school with no problems, and got home with no problems. I left work and got home in the freezing drizzle. No biggie.

Until I opened the front door. It was 58 in my house and the heater was blowing!!!!

I know I said a minimum of 10 cuss words right in a row before I made it three feet inside the door. I had to call my ex......dammit. Built a fire and waited. He showed up around 7 and by 8, we had heat again. In fact, much warmer heat than we'd had lately. Apparently there was something wrong with a relay and a heat strip and a something or another else. I'm just happy to have heat again. Except, I had to actually be nice and thank my ex. Dammit. Guess that was my Christmas present to him.

4 comments:

Breezy said...

Glad you have heat again. Sorry you had to call the ex.

Puffy said...

*loans gloves, scarf and cap to Momma*

Swami said...

Heat is a good thing. We have a nice central furnace, a gas fireplace, a wood fireplace, and 2 back-up electric standing heaters. I figure they can't all fail at the same time so I should never have to die of hypothermia while snowed in in my own house.

Cussing is very warming.

Seana said...

Merry Christmas!

*hugs* and *smooches*