Sunday, July 29

Being Thirty

I feel no older, wiser nor any worse for the wear. *shrug* Not at all what I thought.

Rotten1 has been at Grandma's since Wednesday. He may come home today.

Rotten2 and DH went shopping for my birthday. I got a pair of Happy Bunny jammies, a pair of Betty Boop jammies, a Hello Kitty journal, some smart ass buttons, a small jewelry box, and some Hello Kitty stickers. *grin* Can you guess who did the shopping?

I scrubbed the front deck last night, to prep it for painting today. Now it looks like it's going to rain. It rained yesterday morning too.

And that? is my first exciting weekend at the age of thirty.

13 comments:

Bravie said...

And it just gets better from there. Get ready for things like needing naps, forgetting things, body parts slipping southbound, new noises that will come from your body, gray hair. Oh yeah, it just gets better from here on out, babe. *grin*
Happy Birthday again. *smooch*

Breezy said...

*snort* Yep it gets soooo much better.

kim (weltek) said...

LOL at all the Hello Kitty! So cute!

I don't think 30 hit me hard, but I do have paralyzing moments that "eeek, people actually EXPECT me to be mature and professional now." In my 20s everyone was impressed that I was so mature and professional for my age. Now, I think the bar is raised and I'm not exactly leaping for it.

Anonymous said...

Happy 30th Momma!

I'm sorry I missed it.

30 didn't really hit me. But 35 is killing me.

kevingrout said...

Happy belated birthday.

FWIW, I think people with July birthdays are the coolest, no matter what age :-)

And don't listen to the old naysayers (*points at breezy and carey*).

It can get better. For me? Definitely.

Bravie said...

WAIT!!!! We're supposed to be mature and stuff? Oh crap, I am terribly below par on this. Yikes. *poot*
*pokes* Meemo

Breezy said...

*shakes head* Yeah right Meemo.
Point #1 you're male. Point #2 you've never carried a child in your belly and had all the changes that occur, occur. Point #3 you're male.

*giggle*

Just wait til the hair starts coming out of spots you never thought hair could or would!

MM said...

30 was no biggie for me. ;-)
Your b-day gifts sound too cute! I love Hello Kitty.

Breezy said...

I keep reading this as Being Thirsty. I'm thirsty. I need a drink.

Puffy said...

I want Betty Boop jammies, too.

momma said...

I have coffee. Sorry, Breeze.

Seana said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

I was 30 for 2 years because I got sick of people saying "Oh, you're twenty-niiiine, are you?"

Now I keep forgetting how old I am. So bravie's right about forgetting stuff.

I need a nap.

jenbeauty said...

Happy belated Birthday!