Wednesday, July 11

whew. *shakes head*

who knew cancelling internet service could take 11 minutes and 12 seconds? and that was only the time spent actually speaking to someone! i called to cancel our lovely peoplepc - dh found a better deal and i really wasn't thrilled with (okay, i hated) the software you are supposed to use. reminds me too much of the old aol. so i call to cancel. she asks why. i tell her because i want to. she offers me 30 days free. no, thank you. just cancel it. well, blah, blah, blah-bitty-blah...she can give me 60 days free. no, thank you. i appreciate it, but just cancel the account. well, they can host my old/new email addys for half price without any internet access - only $1.49/month. now, why the hell would i do that when i can get a bazillion email addys for free?! no, thanks. just cancel all services. thank you. okay, she's really really sorry to hear that i'm leaving, please hold for the 45 digit cancellation number. okay...so it was only 17 digits long. shit! who the hell gives out 17 digit cancellation numbers??? that ought to tell you something, if they started at 1. or even 1000.

*sigh* why do the simple things in life have to be so difficult? and did i mention i made this phone call with the cat in my lap and the dog on my feet freaking out because it's effing storming complete with cloud to ground lightening strikes within a mile of the house? gah.

11 comments:

Bravie said...

Heh, that's the same problem I had when I was cancelling AOL many years ago. Just cancel the fucking thing is what I want to say to them. Heh, I'm surprised that isn't what I said to them. *grin*

Breezy said...

I think bravie did say that to them.

I love thunderstorms!

Jen said...

Yup. I had that same thing when I cancelled my NetZero years ago. I was really starting to get pissed, but I just kept saying "No. I want to cancel."

Bravie said...

Me no likey thunderstorms.

Breezy said...

*giggle* that's cause you think they're hurricanes.

Bravie said...

I'll take an earthquake anyday.

Jen said...

I love thunderstorms, too! Lately it seems like they always come in the middle of the night while I'm trying to sleep though. That? I don't like. Prime storm time is from 7-9pm, where it's still light out enough to see the rain, but dark enough to see the lightening. :)

Kimmah said...

i resorted to cursing when i was trying to get aol to cancel my account. it was hell.on.earth.

Monstah said...

Your from Texas. Next time take out your pistol and shoot the phone.

Puffy said...

Same thing happened to me when I tried to cancel some make-up that I ordered.

*shakes head and smirks* at 17-digit cancellation number

Aislinn Sirk said...

I think AOL actually got successfully sued over making the cancellation so difficult.