* i finally finished stripping, sanding and staining an antique wooden cabinet. it now houses my mom's china and a few pieces of crystal. at least, it will house them until i get the china cabinet i want. someday. no more furniture refinishing for me for a while. that was a bitch.
* i've almost got the kids' halloween costumes finished. no sewing them this year, just buying and finding pieces and putting them together. they will be able to use 90% of their costumes after halloween this year, so i don't mind spending more on them this year than i normally would.
* i haven't had the a/c on in over 3 weeks. my electric bill should be beautiful this month.
* i have found a new show i love - Female Forces. it's on the biography channel on sunday nights at 9 cst. it's all about female cops. these women are hilarious.
* i hate, hate, hate six day work weeks. the last three weeks are enough to wear a person out.
* fall has arrived in dallas. it's rather chilly and windy outside. leaves are blowing off trees (even tho they are still green). just in time for halloween. i'm not ready to give up my beautiful 75-80 degree days and 35-40 degree nights tho.
4 comments:
We went costume shopping this weekend. DD is going to be a Dead Prom Queen. We bought two used prom dresses (one big enough to go over her winter coat for trick or treating), a crown and some makeup. She's reading the Twilight series so she decided that the way she died was a vampire. So we'll paint bite marks on her neck. *grin* I told her I may steal the idea for what I go as too.
You want to compare weather? They're calling for snow/rain mix today, tonight and tomorrow. I drove through an awful hail/slush storm yesterday.
Breezy? You are evil! Couldn't you have kept the Canadian air up there??? It's down here now - 29 or so is what it's supposed to be in the morning...Brrrrrrrr!
I'm so with you on not being ready for winter weather. *pout* I hate the cold and rain!!
*smooch*
It started to reain here today. *pout* I blame all you other people.
Post a Comment