it's been a long time, but....here we go. the list-ey.
things that irritate me today:
* the state attorney general's office
* children who argue and whine
* children who don't listen
* ignorant people (this has been taken to a whole new level of ignorance, given the convo heard in the office breakroom today at lunch. how gay is a 'lifestyle' that they just can't understand, are pretty sure there aren't any gay people in their families, and the gay guy at church is the exception to how they feel about gay people in general. all said by two women, one white and one black. in the interest of keeping my job and thus my paycheck, house and such, i was compelled to keep my big fat trap firmly shut and thus chewed a hole in my lip)
* laundry.....the giant, neverending pile that accumulates every frikkin week in my home
* pms and periods
and to balance things out.....things that make me happy:
* children who occasionally listen and tell me that they screwed up
* yummy yummy pizza
* truly funny jokes
* weekends at the farm, without children
* gas prices (most recently seen at around $1.75
yeah. okay, it's not a balanced list-ey, but its close enough, right?
5 comments:
I am sort of glad that the anti gay agenda has come to the surface. Because although I know all of my straight friends and family support me, I also know that they don't understand the bigotry that we really do endure on a daily basis because we don't always mention the little things like these conversations that WE also overhear. I hear these types of things every single day of my life. and now the rest of the world is getting to peak in. :(
My new job makes me happy.
Good coffee makes me happy.
My supportive friends make me happy. (and that balances out ALL of the bad)
What about peeps coming back? Does that make you happy? :P
Bravie, you are right. I guess in my head I knew that you dealt with some level of bigotry, but I never realized how extensive or how often you were subjected to it. It boggles the mind.
IGGY!!!! Holy SHIT! Where the fuck have you been????
Oh dear. Have you been looking in on my children? Or my stupid laundry pile?
RE: ignorance
You know the one that bugs me?
"I just don't like thinking about it - *shifty eyes* you know, *lowered voice* gay sex."
You wouldn't believe (or maybe you would) how many times people have tried to use that with me as a good reason not to approve of being gay. WTFever. I have enjoyed the couple times I've asked people to explain themselves more clearly. Or the times I've responded with "I don't want to think about you (or "my parents" or "your parents") having sex either."
Ellen DeGeneres had a good joke. She's in Las Vegas and said she was playing poker. She thought she had a 10,J,Q,K, and A of the same suit. But then, no, she didn't have that, because that's a STRAIGHT! hahaha
Post a Comment