Saturday, December 3

Highs and Lows

I am on the emotional merry go round from hell. Yesterday was one of those days where I was at the top of my game at work. Nothing was stopping me. We had a manager's meeting with the President of the company and one of his colleagues. Ideas were rolling, I received a couple of amazing compliments. It was great. I swear, one of these days, I'm going to open my mouth one too many times with a bright idea (read: common sense) and end up responsible for a whole lot more than my little department. I had a good meeting afterwards with my boss. We came to common terms. I'm now waiting to see what he offers me. I haven't had one of those days in a long, long time. And I enjoyed it. And quite a few commented on it.

Then I was on my way home and my ex called. We got into an hour long screaming match. Suffice it to say, the kids' lives will change dramatically due to this. I will not be accused of using anyone to keep my children happy. If his family wants to put the guilt on me for the things their son refuses to do, then I will ensure that they do not have any reason to take out their anger at him on me. Or my children. The classic line though? My ex believes he is a responsible parent.

It was all so totally unbelievable. I went from the top of the world to feeling pretty low. And even now, I'm pretty low. I've gone out of my way many, many times to make sure the kids were with their family on days my ex didn't have the kids for family functions, etc. And now it's being thrown in my face. Well...the divorce decree is out. I will follow it, but there will be nothing else extra. I will contact a family lawyer on Monday to deal with the Attorney General's office for me. The kids will probably switch school districts. And life will go on.

Today, I sit here in my house. DH is at work. The kids are with their dad. I had every intention of going shopping, paying bills and just relaxing. Instead, I'm trying desperately to pull myself out of this funk and enjoy my day while researching the school district out here.

********************

In other news, I hope Nookie, Carey, Breezy, Jen, and whomever I have forgotten have a wonderful time at Glowbug's reception.

*smooches*

13 comments:

Zombs said...

Dear Momma:

Sorry for the crappy day with the ex. You are a good mother and you want what is best for your kids. I hope you can make your ex see that.

Big hugs to your little kids.

Good luck.

EXTRA HUGS FOR you!

Love Zombs

Zombs said...

Hey I bet at that meeting you had the bells on your boobies!

Jingle all the way!!!!!!!!!

Sonya said...

So what did they pull this time? I know you have went way out of your way to let his parents see the kids? I've witnessed it myself. So are they trying to make you change the kids from R to Q? That would suck! Why would they want that for their grandkids? So is the ex even working? Does he live at home or where? What is the latest with him?

Cheer up, baby! I wuv u!

*hugs*

momma said...

Thanks Zombs. There's no making my ex see anything. He thinks I have my head up my ass and just can't or won't understand that he's a great parent. *rolls eyes*

What.ever.

momma said...

Sonya, they aren't making me do anything. His mom made a comment about feeling like I use them occasionally when I want time alone. And they feel put out because the kids are at his sisters almost every day after school. So. I'm seriously thinking about putting them in Q. I don't much like the idea yet, but...there are some good points to it. Best of all, I won't have to rely on anyone but Larry, myself and maybe a friend to help take care of my kids. And the kids would get to know other kids out here.

Dipshit lives at his moms. Pays no rent, buys maybe $20 worth of groceries every couple of months. Stays with his girlfriend or whoever most of the time. With my kids. I've just had more than enough of the stupidity, games and general garbage.

Ya know?

momma said...

Oh! And, Sonya, he is still "working" for Chad. His most recent paycheck? $200 for 2 weeks. I told him he'd make more flipping burgers at McDonalds than he's making with Chad. *grin* Can you guess how well THAT went over?

Sonya said...

Is he finally paying CS right? Is he having to hand deliver it to the attorney? He is such a dipshit. You are so right. I thought his parents use to beg for time with the kidos. Are they not in the daycare anymore in Rockwall?

arkie said...

{{Hugs}} Momma.

I'm sorry your ex is such a dipshit. And eff the ex-in-laws. If they can't see that you have been trying to make sure that they have time with the kids, and want to say that it's just so you can have time to yourself, then it looks like the ex comes by his dipshittedness naturally.

Immunegirl said...

(((Hugs))) Momma. Sorry that the ex sucks, but awesome job at work!!!!!! Yay!!! I would recommend taking some time and relaxing a bit today. I think this has been a week for being up and down and hopefully it will all be much better next week. :)

*smoooooches*

Anonymous said...

Scumbags. I hope they all get eaten by a crocodile. Scumbags.

*smooches* to my favorite little texan.

YOU are a great mother.

~Nutz said...

*rolls eyes*

Some people are so ungrateful!

Eff them ex-in-laws! ...and their darn son too!

Do what's best for you and the rottens, momma!

{{{hugs}}}

Coco said...

Dear Momma,

After having been contacted by Miss BoohBah about your in-law and ex-moron problem, we regret to inform you that we cannot handle your case. While we pride ourselves on our disposal abilites, the amount of scum we would be required to consume contravenes our collective agreement.

Please accept our apologies and the enclosed referral to the Shark Union.

Sincerely,

Texas Crocodile Local 2343.

Aislinn Sirk said...

Animals can just handle a limited amount of scum disposal. This is why large quantities of dynamite are the preferred option for larger jobs.