Thursday, October 19

My list.....

Jumping on the list bandwagon of a million things to do this week/weekend....

Finish laying linoleum in Rotten2's closet - this required a trip to buy more lineoleum tiles because I didn't buy quite enough. Which then prompted a trip to buy paint, because the interior of the closet looks pretty dingy now with new flooring. And now the painting project is on hold because I can't find any ONE of the 35 paint brushes I own.
Clean new window in living room
Get heater fixed "first thing Saturday AM" - done!
Bathe dog and cat - cat is bathed. She gets a bath every few weeks, just because. And yes, she does have her claws.
Find and borrow power washer - I've decided to postpone this one.
Winterize flower beds - nope. First I have to pick the glass out of the flower bed in front of the house where the old window was. See clean new window above.
Go to Hanger Texas Hold Em Party Saturday night
Go to Sonya's Home & Garden Party Sunday afternoon
Buy nails for trim in living room
Pay a bazillion bills
I've also swept the kitchen, watched DH mow the yard, done a couple loads of laundry, helped DH replace the dryer vent hose thingie, bought the cat a new litter box which provided many moments of my amusement when she discovered it, and watered my plants.

*sigh* Being a grown up and a homeowner sucks sometimes.

13 comments:

Bravie said...

It really does suck sometimes, doesn't it.
Add to your list: send Carey your phone number.

momma said...

Mark one thing off my list.

Breezy said...

Resend it to me too, my phone was broken this summer and I still don't have all the numbers I once had.

*hug* Do the kids already have costumes? That's what we'll be doing this weekend.

momma said...

The kids do have costumes. It was a total fluke. No one knew what they wanted to be and we were browsing the dollar store for outdoor decorations and ran across a black scary something or other for Rotten1 and a red devil for Rotten2. They wanted, they were cheap, I bought. *grin*

Puffy said...

I can hardly wait to see all the bloggy kids in their Halloween costumes. It would be fun to photo-shop all the kids into one picture.

Seana said...

Wow. Poor you.

Homeown-y stuff sucks large sometimes.

Why are you washing the cat? Is it declawed? I only ever washed my completely clawed cat when she had that skin problem and needed the special shampoo. Otherwise, it's just asking for interesting scar patterns.

Surveysez said...

We wash out cat, too. If you start when they are little they get used to it and don't put up a fight. At least not physically. Verbally the cat really objects. But the kids say she always smells good.

yvonne said...

I tried to give a cat a bath once. First and ONLY time I did that. :-)

I'm just now trying to catch up with everyone, so just wanted to say "good luck" on your job search. *smooch*

kim (weltek) said...

Hey, I just had a Home & Garden party this weekend. Small world. :-) I got the Autumn something picture for our living room (pretty tree picture). I also got a few other things, but they were smaller items.

Can I bring my cats over? They could use a bath.

Oh, and Nov. 16-20th? Dallas, baby. Are you free that weekend at all? I'm limited in travel since I'll have no car, but would love to meet for lunch or dinner around my area (I'm staying at the Adams Mark hotel). Email me.

Anonymous said...

I just swept and mopped the floors. I'm waiting for them to dry so that I can apply Mop & Glo. The sad thing is that we're going to have them replaced very soon, but I just can't stand looking at them anymore.

It is eerily quiet around here today. Just the way I like it.

Anonymous said...

I like lists!

Anonymous said...

I forgot to smooch you!

Anonymous said...

*smooch*