What a week. Grandma's visitation was Friday night, the funeral was yesterday morning. All in all, it was a very emotional, slightly stressful, and extremely thought provoking week. We did spend quite a bit of time with my family, which is always good for a laugh and a cry - sometimes at the same time. Ever spent time just sitting and watching one side of the family for a while? Did it ever make you realize just how
normal
you really are?
8 comments:
I'm so sorry. Please let me know if you need anything at all, even a shoulder or a cold beera.
*hugs*
Why are WE the only normal ones in a family?
*hugs*
If I'm the normal one in the family then my family is in deep deep poopoo. *grin*
Families. Sigh. Can't live with em, can't live without em.
*hugs*
I think it would be interesting to go to other families reunions, etc. Those are a great chance to see wacko family dynamics.
{{hugs}}
Funerals, sad as they are, are always watershed family events. I do nothing but watch various sides of the family. Especially in my own family.
I have concluded that my in-laws are all nuts. And my family are all right behind them in the nutline. Strangely, I am the only normal person there. Possibly I am biased? (Around his own family Tom's behavior is entirely different than in the rest of his life. TG I know what he's really like!)
*hugs*
I sometimes wonder how my husband will turn out in a few years. Good thing he has me. :)
*big hugs*
Post a Comment