Apparently, I'm not the anti-parent that I thought I was. Thank you.
So, does anyone have any extra plywood or 2x4s that are not being used? I think we are going to need to build an ark.
In other news, DH thinks I've lost my mind. The Rottens each had a friend come over Saturday and spend the night. They were all there til afternoon yesterday. They had fun with their sleepover "party" playing Uno, swimming, watching movies and eating cake. To me, this is the stuff of summer. DH thinks I'm nuts for dealing with that many kids for that long. *snort* I just think he doesn't remember what being a kid is like.
10 comments:
I'll agree with you both. Yes, it's insane to have other people's kids for that long along with having your own. But it IS what summers are made of.
Send us some of your water please. I think we are heading into a drought. :(
Yep DH forgot what summer as a kid was. My Mom always had 7-8 kids in the yard all summer long, and only 3 were hers. *grin*
Doesn't DH know how much easier it is to tend to kids who have a friend over than lonely kids who are "bored" all day long?
Um, but you ARE a saint. :)
Momma, will you be my momma?
I loved sleepovers. *sigh* Anybody want to have a sleepover?
That is so much fun having all the kids, just enjoying the summer. They are only young once and they will be outa there sooner than we all realize! I also think the more the merrier and the kids don't whine as much....lol.
And we have some extra plywood. You are welcome to come and get it.
i think it's easier to have someone for them to play with--provided they don't fight.
and yes, i do have a giant hunk of plywood sitting in dining room-the remnants of a loft bed. should i just drop it in the mail or you want i send five over with it on his bike?
*calling Steve Carrell!*
Send all the boys...they can go swimming after they get here.
Post a Comment