Thursday, December 15
ACK!
Remember how I told you that somehow, someway, I got suckered into hosting this year's Fire Department Christmas Party? It's this Saturday. Today is Thursday. I have not prepared for this AT ALL. I made it a potluck type supper thing with food, music, and mostly bring your own alcohol. There will be roughly 25 firemen and their wives/girlfriends/significant others in attendence. One couple is bringing a spiral ham. Another is bringing can drinks. A third and fourth are bringing something that I have now forgotten. A fifth is bringing some dessert something or other. One wife sent over a crapload of Christmas napkin wrapped silverware. And I? am at a total loss for what to do. I need to go get plates and napkins and cups. I need to dust and mop and vacuum. I'm thinking of a cheese tray and a veggie tray and some chips and dips. Any other exciting ideas?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
20 comments:
How are you going to do this after the root canal on Friday?
No dear, the root canal was this past Friday.
Oh. I stay so confused. I guess it is that blonde die coming out. LOL!
Sounds good! What time should I be over?
Seriously, don't fret about what you contribute to the foodstuffs. Cheese & crackers and veggies can be done very easily. Go for it! Make it easy on yourself. You can even get those ready made trays from the supermarket if you can spend the extra money.
The best part of the party will be the socializing with friends and not what you serve.
Will this be an open bar? If so, I am totally there.
Even if you did nothing else at this point, it would all be fine. There will be food, and friends. That's all people will notice. Don't stress about your house (I know, easy to say). And? Keep delegating, people like to help and you could use it.
Buy some artichoke dip and put it in a sourdough bowl. Tell everyone you made it. Very easy and everyone loves it.
But a big bag of precooked flavored chicken wings that you can braek out if food supplies dwindle. Same for frozen tacquitos.
Listen to MTW! That's what I was going to suggest. *evil eye* at MTW, get out of my head.
As a potluck thing, don't fret on food. It sounds like everyone is bringing stuff.
Check glasses, plates, knives, forks, more glasses, music, decorations, check the quality of the alcohol, check music for dancing, close blinds, check alcohol, open blinds, etc..
Ice and toilet paper!
Heck you supplying the location and the water and electricity. What more could they ask for?
LOL We're talking firemen here, Sonya. They want it all and they want it NOW!
Open bar? Carey? Are you nuts? We're talking firemen here. One of them has a rolling bar in the back of his truck.
Artichoke dip, huh? I may have to do that.
queso and chips is always good too.
I'm just here to agree with MM, whose advice is quite good.
Wow. Lookee what I just wrote.
Seana, why is that so shocking? I thought you always agreed with me! *pout*
All advice good.
Don't forget the ice.
I thought *you* just waited around to agree with *me*, MM. Remember when we were voting on HD's new title? Hmmmmmm?
:D
You've gotten some good ideas here. Frozen hors d'oeuvres (alright, so I just wanted to prove that I know how to spell hors d'oeuvres) that you warm up in the oven are great, too. Have fun!
So are you ready for it yet?
I'll come cook for you if you promise me a fireman. *grin*
Post a Comment