Can a bottle of wine go bad? I discovered a half bottle of wine in the back of our drinks fridge while cleaning it out. I thought I had finished it off a couple months ago. And it appears that the kids hid it behind the 75 bottles of water they keep in there.
So. Safe? Not so much?
Where's our boxed wine expert when she's needed? Oh yeah. Pennsylvania. Hmph.
19 comments:
It won't kill you, but I think it would be wiser to use it for vinegar rather than to drink.
Did you smell it or taste it?
I've had opened wine go bad. It was nasty! If your bottle tastes and smells ok, then I'd say you're good!
Dunno.
What Nutz and Coco said. Smell it, if it was sealed airtight you may have a chance.
Who leaves a half a bottle of wine? sheesh. Texans.
I would not drink it unless desperate!
Use it for cooking.
Or taste it.
And no, half a bottle is not a taste.
I find that my cheap sweet wine goes off if I have it for more than a couple days, even in the fridge.
I'd cook with it, too.
What's with you people and not finishing wine?
Zombs<====loves wine
I have a couple unopened bottles that have been kicking around for at least 10 years. Anybody want to sample them?
Put it in a box and drink it out of that. Then it can't be bad.
Here's my dumb question,
When are you gonna update? :D
MM - I think she has been to busy for us lately. She has been working, dealing with kids getting on her nerves, dealing with the ex dipshit and his family and ringing bells all at the same time. She could be wonder woman in disguise, but not sure. If she isn't wonder woman she prolly at least has a pair of wonder roos hiding somewhere. LOL! Just wanted to see if I could make momma come out of hiding to comment to this. Have a great day!
*giggles*
I am so not a wine drinker. I only use it for entertaining or for cooking.
I wouldn't drink it. But then again, I don't eat leftovers after 2 days either.
Ummm... momma? We are missing you!
*sits & waits*
Best way to not have leftover wine:
Invite me over. :)
I miss you tto!
*sits with Nutz*
helllllloooooooooo?
Post a Comment