The kids ended up staying with their dad last night, since he forgot that Wednesday was...well, Wednesday. The kids stay with him every Wednesday. *shakes head* He's a moron. They are doing Christmas with their aunts and uncles and cousins and grandparents and the whole fam-damn-ily today. Should be home around 9 tonight.
DH is at work. It appears he may end up working Christmas Day. No one has volunteered to cover the next shift, since they allowed the guy who normally works to take vacation. If no one volunteers, guess who is stuck until they can find someone to come in? Yep. Hopefully it won't happen that way, but if it does...well... the extra $7-8 an hour for up to 24 hours won't be so awful. *half grin* I'm trying to find the bright spot there. Really, its not so bad for me. I just hope the kids won't be disappointed. This is the first year in 5 that they've been with me.
My cat is in heat. I swear to God, Santa, and all that is holy about this season, I will strangle her whiny ass if she doesn't shut up soon. After three days of her moaning and whining and being extremely vocal, I have no pity for the little shit. Note to self: Go get the damned cat spayed or neutered or whatever it's called SOON!
I haven't heard from the dealership. I'm getting worried. Or I was. Until I had talked to the Finance Manager last night. He's swamped, two people quit on him and it's pretty much just him and one other person this week trying to get all of the applications done. So...I'm calling again this morning to see what's going on. He promised he'd move me to the top of the pile and work on it yesterday afternoon. Damn.
Other than that, I have no plans. None. Not one. Today is all about peace and quiet - or at least as peaceful and quiet as it can get with a 16 month old cat in heat. *rolls eyes* Here's hoping the kids get home in time tonight to make it to the midnight candlelight service at church and aren't too worn out.
5 comments:
Happy quiet time to you, momma. If the dealership is just swamped, it'll be OK. So her gets his prezzie a bit later. He's a big boy. He'll understand. Too bad that he may have to work. I seem to recall that Christmas Day can be quite busy for a fire department, since people are stupid then too. :D
*hugs* and *smooches*
Here, have some of my calm. I'm not sure where it came from, but I'm not complaining.
Enjoy your day and don't let the cat out.
Or do, kittens are soooo cute.
If she's not already fixed, it may be too late for the cat. Does she go outside? I have all boys, nuetered, so we let them go out to take care of their business. *grin*
Enjoy your quiet time, momma!
*smooches*
*fingers crossed that DH won't have to work*
Oh, sweetie, why oh why can't your DH ever NOT work? I really hope he doesn't have to tomorrow.
And the cat? Ugh. Merry Christmas, eh?
Really, enjoy the quiet. Nolay is taking a nap & I'm staring out at the snow. It's lightly snowing and lovely...and quiet. I feel quite serene. Hopefully you are enjoying the same feeling.
And whack your effing ex over the head, why don't you? Tell him it's his Christmas present from your cyberfriends.
Weltek, you made the dog wake up. Startled the shit out of her by laughing. Shame on you.
As for DH, well...he doesn't want to get stuck at work, that's for sure. But...what can you do? Some old geezer might have a stroke or a heart attack and then what? No one would be there to take him to the hospital.
The cat? MM, she's never been outside save three times she has snuck out and we've cornered her within 10 seconds. I don't think she's ever even SEEN another cat up close and personal.
*smooches* to all and to all a Merry Christmas.
Post a Comment