Friday, December 9

I could gripe and bitch....

about this horrible, awful, terrible, no-good day. But I won't. Suffice it to say, between a flat tire that can't be fixed and a root canal and going back to the lion's den after 3 days in bed AND our office Christmas party where I couldn't drink because of the meds I'm on, it wasn't pretty.

Except, we got our Christmas bonus - which will probably pay for my root canal - and a good talk with the CEO - who is upping my hourly pay to compensate for the loss of my quarterly bonus and hopes that will help maintain my positive attitude and wonderful contributions to the company. Damn, it's nice to hear a bit of appreciation from him sometimes.

The kids are now camping out on the living room floor. SpongeBob is on the tv. DH is at work. It's Friday night and I should be vegged out with my puter and a glass of wine or rum and coke. But I'm vegged out with my puter and a bottle of water and a Lortab. Life is good. Right?

********

In other news, I pose the following question:
MTW, Nookie, Lightsy - may I linkie you?

********

Have a great weekend, if I don't see you again before Monday. I hope to address Christmas cards, get a bit of shopping done and take a nap or two. *smoooooch*

16 comments:

mm said...

Sorry about the flat and the root canal. :(

Yay! A bonus sounds nice, though.

Have a great weekend momma!!

~Nutz said...

Have a great weekend! I will be busy as a beaver too.

Bravie said...

I think yesterday was a poopy day all around.

This weekend for me will be about shopping, a birthday party, baking cookies and visiting Dad.
Have a great weekend.

momma said...

How's Mayor Knockers recovering, Carey? I think the kids and I are going to attempt cookie baking. Wish me luck, patience and lots of virtual drinks!

DH has taken off in my truck to get 2 new/used tires. Hopefully he finds them at a reasonable price! This crap is too expensive at Christmas.

Rose said...

me=having shitty day too.

*smooch*

Let's have a party!

Seana said...

Gee Momma, could anything *else* happen to you? I mean first the face thing...hey...how could you get a root canal while you're still on swollen face drugs? Um, and now this. Poor you.

*big (but gentle) hug and smooch*

momma said...

Seana, the swelling is pretty well gone. The root canal pretty much took care of the rest of it rather quickly.

momma said...

PROGRESS REPORT:

We went to the town Christmas Parade, which was a lot of fun. The kids had an absolute blast so that helped put me in the Christmas spirit a bit.

Aislinn Sirk said...

I find all the pretty lights put me in the christmas spirit.

Especially if all the pretty lights are from something I set ablaze.

Bravie said...

Dad is back in the hospital, Momma. Long story. I may blog about it.

lights said...

So was it your tooth that caused all the face pain? Sorry to hear about the root canal and flat tire. You really are due for a very good week real soon.

I had to have a root canal done on an absessed tooth the day after my 18th birthday. It wasn't bad enough that on the day I turned the legal drinking age (at the time) that I was pregnant. No, I had to have a friggen throbbing face and wasn't able to take any pain killers. Then to top it off, I was laying on the couch with my head on Dave's leg while we watched tv and the phone rang. When he went to answer it his elbow hit me in the mouth right on the sore tooth. I almost passed out.

Yes, you may certainly link me Momma. Some day I may get around to doing that on my blog too.

I've got cards and addresses all ready to go tonight. Every year I say I'm not going to do them and every year I cave. I have a lot of elderly relatives that always comment on how much they like receiving cards so I do it mostly because of them.

lights said...

Carey, sorry to hear that your Dad's back in hospital. *hugs*

Sonya said...

Glad you are better.

*hugs*

Schnookie said...

Poor baby *smooch*

How awesome to get a nice bonus and have the CEO give you appreciative comments and more money.YAY YOU!!!

I was wondering last week why I wasn't linked and was going to mention it. Yes, by all means, link me. I'd be honored.

See Bob? Some peeps want to link me *grin*

mtw said...

Christmas bonus - cool!

Please link me! :-)

Coco said...

*smooch*

Hope you had a good weekend!