Tuesday, December 20

I've lost my mind.

I have. I swear it. I haven't gotten DH anything for Christmas. The reason? His wish list has two things on it. A storage building/work shop that is roughly the size of our house and a newer car. Well, I got to browsing around car dealership websites this morning just for the hell of it. I've now talked to one salesman and filled out a pre-approval loan application. I found a 40th anni Mustang with very low mileage for a pretty decent price. I'm trading in DH's piece of shit car. And so far, DH knows nothing. He'll have to find out soon enough - he's got to sign the loan papers to. I don't make enough to justify having two vehicle loans going at the same time. Wanna see the car I'm working on? He's so going to kill me for this one. *grin*

ETA:2nd picture
ETRemove: 2nd picture. I've decided I don't like that one near as much. Now for the 3rd car:

45 comments:

Bravie said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, very nice. I want one. Please. *grin*

lights said...

Niiiiiice car momma! Will you marry me? Cause that's WAY better than what I'm gonna get from mr lights. I'd even give up my weird Canadian ways. *grin*

momma said...

Umm...Texas won't allow same sex marraiges. And DH might get a bit upset if I were to leave him for either of you. *grin*

I'm still not a 100% sure I'm getting it. The salesman is talking a good game and my credit is decent, so we'll see....

Bravie said...

If we all move to Cananda we can do the same sex marriage thingy. Them there Canadians are all open minded and stuff.

lights said...

Ya, use Canadians are weird that way. *wink*

Bravie said...

Weird homo lovers and curlers.

lights said...

Damn! You figured us out!

Bravie said...

I think it's something in the Poutine. OR the raclette dishes.

momma said...

LMAO! Maybe Canadians aren't so weird. But Carey and I are wusses. We can't handle cold weather.

Bravie said...

Maybe we could just move Canada south of the border. That would solve everything.

momma said...

That it might.

momma said...

I've added a picture....which you do guys like better? The first one is a bit more. They have the same mileage (within a couple hundred miles). The first has a V8, the 2nd has a V6. Everything else is pretty much the same.

Bravie said...

If it has a spicy V8 I would go with that. It makes bloody marys that much better.

momma said...

LMAO - And V8 makes you stand up straight.

Bravie said...

Straight? This is a word i do not understand. *grin*

momma said...

Not wavy. Not curvy. Straight.

*grin*

Bravie said...

I haven't been straight in years. YEARS I tell ya.

momma said...

14, right?

Zombs said...

Wow you are like those Infinti commercials. Now you just need a creative way to give it to him. How about yuo naked?

mm said...

Wow! They are both pretty. I don't know what you mean by a "bit more", but I like the first one better. Also, it's a fact that red cars get more tickets than any other color, and that could affect your insurance, so...in the end you might still pay more for the cheaper car.

Bravie said...

17 and then a trip back to Straightsville at age 20 until age 25. *grin*

Immunegirl said...

Whoa....so what are you getting ME for Christmas???

lights said...

You can't move Canada too far south or all our curling rinks will melt.

A V8 will have more power but will also use more gas. That's about as much help I can be. I'd love a red car. The closest I ever got was a burgundy Grand Am.

Breezy said...

I had a 5.0 liter Stang... loved it! Till the snow came.

Coco said...

Wow. You're going to be off the 'naughty' list in no time.

I like the second one, but only because it's red.

momma said...

A bit more is about 2K. In US Dollars. He wants a V8, that much I know. But that's also his dream car. This is as close as I can get. *grin*

As for creative? If it all works out, he'll drive home from work on Christmas morning and it will be sitting in the driveway. *snort* Or the key will be in his stocking and the car will be at the dealership. Not sure which.

But hey, I'm still waiting on the financing to pan out. I'm trying really hard not to get excited or jump the gun here.

momma said...

Oh...and it will have monthly payments. So he'll have to help pay for his present. I just know he won't go do this on his own. He'll wait til he's patched his POS together 50 bazillion times and it totally dies before he attempts getting another vehicle.

momma said...

Oh shit. Ya'll, I just found another one I really like. Crap. But it's not a 40th anni one. It's an 03. But it's black. And a GT model. And a V8. And a standard. SHIT SHIT SHIT.

Bravie said...

You could buy a Ford Pinto and save a ton of money. *grin*

Schnookie said...

Wow! I agree with mm that the red one would get more tickets.

Both nice cars.

Wow. I will definitely not be telling my DH what you are getting your DH LOL.

lights said...

No kidding Nookie! Sheesh, Dave got replacement fenders for his '93 pick up. *snort*

momma said...

Last year, and the year before, DH got many, many parts for his 65 Ranchero. This year? I wasn't going to do a damn thing since we've already bought him 2 tires and a brand new cell phone this month. Now, I'm feeling a bit generous. I also know that if I do this, I don't have to hear " I hate my fucking car " one more time. Ever.

momma said...

Or that goddamned car won't run.

momma said...

Or? That fucking piece of shit is not worth the oil I just changed in it.

momma said...

Or? It's done it again. Now I've got to spend all day trying to find a (fill in the blank).

Sonya said...

Don't forget ins will go up and can the family fit in it comfortably?

I always pictured your DH being a big truck kind of man. I'm seeing him differently now.

momma said...

These all happen about once a week or so. See why I can't wait til he gets a new car?

momma said...

He normally is a truck guy. But we've come to the conclusion that with my Explorer, we don't really need a truck. And the car gets better gas mileage than a truck. Since he drives 40 miles one way to work, good gas mileage is important. And our insurance may go up $10 a month. Woo.freaking.hoo.

Sonya said...

Well if that is all it will go up, cool. It would be better on gas mileage. You have to keep us updated on what you decide. That would be a cool surprise for him for Christmas.

Aislinn Sirk said...

Nice prezzie!

I'm with lights and Carey. You should marry us all.

Victoria is not cold.

Puffy said...

Well my first thought was taken...marry me. My second thought was taken...let's all go to Canada and get married. So my third thought...lucky lucky Mr. Momma.

Anonymous said...

Yes, you've lost your mind!

Coco said...

Well, that totally outshines what I put in the SS package for him.

/pout

So seriously, what news?

Sonya said...

So have you decided?

mtw said...

Lucky guy! Hot car. Hotter wife!

Life.Is.Good.