Sunday, September 17

Yay! Rain! Gas Prices! Lazy Sundays!

It's the best of all worlds.

It's been raining steadily for about hours now, plus off and on for a few hours before that. With our lakes at least 15 feet below normal and major drought conditions, these couple of inches of rain are a huge blessing. It also gave me the opportunity to coerce the Rottens into doing some major cleaning of their rooms. Six hours, a quick lunch, and a short break = very clean kiddo rooms.

Gas prices around here are dropping steadily. I filled up this morning for $2.21 a gallon! Yay! In my nice, new fuel efficient car that equalled a whopping $26 for a full tank of gas.

And tonight, DH is at work, the Rottens are camped out with the Disney Channel and it's almost peaceful around here. Almost.

7 comments:

mm said...

Yay for gas prices!
Yay for clean rooms!
Yay for rain!
Yay for peace! <--almost!

Bravie said...

Glad you are getting the rain and not us.
I padi $2.86/gallon last week. I was quite happy about that.

Will the rottens come and clean my room?

Glowie said...

We're averaging about $2.49 here. Or at least we were yesterday.

Yay for rain! Yay for almost peace!

*smooooooooch*

Puffy said...

$2.95 here, first time below $3.00 a gallon in a long time. I'll pay them $1 an hour to clean my room. Kids think $1 an hour is gold.

kim (weltek) said...

I love rainy days. Especially nice for you since it's been so dry. Hopefully it will also help those wildfires out west.

I assume you are still loving your new car? Prices are at 2.49 here. A drop of 30 more cents and I'll be happy.

Swami said...

I paid $2.17 per gallon yesterday. Highest I have ever paid, a couple of months ago was $3.02. Enjoy the low gas prices while they last. They will sky-rocket again on November 8th.

My kid needs to clean her room too, She is 22 years old. *sigh*

~Nutz said...

Just popped in to say, "hello"!

Yay for awesome gas mileage!