Monday, October 2

End is near

And so it goes.....I went to the hospital Saturday, where Grandma was having a pretty decent day. It's been very much downhill since. Yesterday evening, the doctors thought she was slipping into a coma. Turns out, she was unable to be woken up for about 5 hours, but then came to on her own quite disoriented. Today, she's been in and out of conciousness and lucidity.

Keep her in your thoughts and prayers. At this point, all we can hope for is minimal pain.

ETA: About 20 minutes after typing out this post, Grandma passed away.

21 comments:

arkie said...

{{hugs}}
Sending good thoughts your way.

Bravie said...

*hugs* I'm sorry, Momma.

mtw said...

Momma, I'm sorry too. Grandmas are the best. I lost mine a couple years ago and still miss her.

{{{{hugs}}}}

Puffy said...

Awww, I am sooo sorry. I miss my Grandma. At least she went quickly and you all got to see her. My thoughts are with you.

mm said...

I'm so sorry.

{{hugs}}

~Nutz said...

{{{hugs}}}

My thoughts are with you!

Zombs said...

So sorry for your loss.

Schnookie said...

Awwwwwwwwwww Momma I'm so very sorry. *BIG BIG HUGS* My deepest condolences.

Swami said...

Oh Momma, I'm so very sorry.
{{{hugs}}}

Breezy said...

So sorry. *big hugs*

kim (weltek) said...

Oh, I'm so sorry. Sounds like it is best she didn't linger in the state she was in for too long.

I'm sure you are holding on to the warm memories right now. If you want to write to us about Grandma, please do.

*hugs*

Glowie said...

{{{momma}}}

Seana said...

Condolences, momma. I'm sorry for your loss. My grandmother died the same year as MTW and every now and then I still feel like I should go visit her...

lights said...

*hugs* Sorry to hear about your Grandma momma.

kim (weltek) said...

Per your request, I just popped in again to remind you that LOST is on tonight.

kevingrout said...

So sorry for your loss momma. *hugs*

Jen said...

Aw. :(
I'm sorry, Momma. *hugs*

Surveysez said...

*hugs* Sorry for your loss Momma.

Aislinn Sirk said...

*hugs* for everything

Anonymous said...

*hugs*

So sorry sweetie.

Lasann said...

Think good thoughts. Grandma's are special people.

{{hugs}}