So I went on the job interview...it's an insurance agency in town about 7 minutes from the house. It started as a one man company 30 months ago and is now a 55+ person agency with plans in the next six months to expand to a 150+ employee company. The job would be a combo PR/marketing/website content editor and possibly scheduler position - all of which I've done. I emailed the owner tonight and told him I am definitely interested and to contact me early next week when he returns so we can discuss particulars. That's what he said to do if I wanted the job, so....I'm going for it.
In other job related news, a friend called me today. He has another friend who is the Chief Maintenance Engineer for the DFW area Marriott hotels and they need a Maintenance Scheduler/Contractor liaison for one of the area hotels. Would I be interested? Umm...gee...what do you think? *snort* THEN I got a call from the local town paper, where I'd sent in my resume for a editing/proofreading job and she wants me to come in for an interview.
YIKES. It might really work out this time! Please, please, please continue to think good, happy thoughts for me on the job front. PLEASE!
In other news, Rotten1 and I finished his 3 part project tonight and it all turned out great! Rotten2 is now chock full of "project" ideas she wants to do just because we have leftover material. Something tells me it's going to be arts and crafts weekend at my house with paints, glue, construction paper and all the magazines. *grin*
I also have the cutest picture to post of the dog and cat, but I have to find my camera cable. I know it's around here somewhere.
10 comments:
Yay for you. It's all falling into place. *smooch*
*big super duper good luck hugs*
Sounds like you're on your way. *smooch*
That's great! *crosses fingers*
Maybe you will get offered for each job, and get to pick and choose what works best for you.
Multiple job offers = heaven. I hope they all want you!
Wow, I hope all three want to hire you & you can just choose which is the best fit. *smooch* *hop*
Yay!!! *smooch*
*lots of good thoughts*
*crosses fingers*
Can't wait for you to find something good.
Oooh, I would also like to craft with you this weekend. I am the champion of starting something and not finishing though, so I might need the Rottens' help.
*continues crossing fingers*
Here's hopin' you get the bestest of all those jobs! Although, I'd have to say... being 7 minutes from home would be a pleasure, doncha think?
Behind every cloud is a silver lining and I think your silver lining is here. Lookin' good!
Post a Comment