Monday, October 23

I'm gonna KILL that child!

So the Rottens get home from school this afternoon. And I ask how their day went. Rotten2 had fun. They read about skeletons in a book and talked about what would happen to you if you didn't have a skeleton. You'd be flat, just in case you were wondering. Rotten1, however, got in trouble. And not just a wee bit of trouble that might cause me to have to talk to him about behavior. Oh no. He got sent to the office. Why? Well, you see, there was a group of boys talking and at some point, he looked at one of his friends and said "I didn't know you sucked a cow." Several other "innocent" comments were turned "ugly" by my 8 year old son, as well. And the boys weren't smart about this "dirty" conversation, either. They conversed with a teacher nearby. So, about 3-4 boys were sent to the office.

Now. First of all, I had to ask what the hell "sucking a cow" was about. DH and I were thinking maybe we're a bit behind the times with the kids' slang. Nope. He was referring to sucking a cow's wiener. No, I didn't go into the anatomy of a cow vs a bull, although I was tempted. And I didn't laugh, although I wanted to. What I did ask, in much nicer terms, was what the hell he was thinking when he said what he did. Naturally, his response was "I dunno."

He is now grounded - no TV, no Playstation, no playing with friends, no telephone - and more chores as I think of them. Of course, this comes on the heels of his progress report that I got last week where I discovered that he had an F in Reading (which has now been brought up considerably).

The child is gonna die. Or hate me. Or something.

13 comments:

lights said...

Aren't little boys fun? Now probably wouldn't be a good time to tell you the fun is just beginning, huh?

*hugs*

Bravie said...

*snort* I'm sorry, I shouldn't laugh. But it made me giggle.

momma said...

Oh shut up. I'm still trying desperately not to laugh in front of him. However, giving him mass amounts of kidding/joking/smart assed comments over going to the office or something obscurely related to getting in trouble has been fair game all evening.

Seana said...

Oh dear.

Story:

When my DD was about 1.5 - 2, she spent a lot of time with DH. He was on 6 months of sick leave and they would drive together fairly frequently.

One day, she and I were on the highway in the rain when a car cut me off. I had to react quickly to avoid a collision. I gasped sharply. DD tried to supply me with the right word to use in such a situation:

"Fuck, mommy?"

I had a word with DH.

Puffy said...

LOL at Momma's and Seana's boys. I don't remember saying or hearing any bad words when I was a child. Maybe I heard them and just didn't know what they meant. I learned a whole lot on the internet.

mm said...

Ack! So sorry, momma! My DS so far is pretty immature (literally) about this stuff, but my DD has started taken an interest in sexual things. *sigh* I sure wish I had answers as to how to prevent this stuff. I think you're handling it really well (provided you don't actually kill him, lol).

Breezy said...

*snort* What do you and DH do in the bedroom? *snort* Maybe play a radio next time to cover up the sounds. *snort*

Sorry *snort* So glad I have a girl. *snort*

LOL I'm sorry, I'm not laughing at you... I'm laughing with you. Really I am. *giggle*

OK, I'm ok now. Yep ground his sorry ass. Oh and make him scrub the bathroom and polish the silver and shovel my snow and and and....

Bravie said...

I think it's your use of the words "cow's wiener" that keeps cracking me up.

Glowie said...

yikes. {{hug}}

I'm giving all my "kids" big smooches when I get home.

Anonymous said...

I'm not laughing either. Nope, not me.

If it makes you feel better, Conner called me a "cock" one day. It was very innocent, and we have no idea where he got that word.

momma said...

Those weren't MY words, Carey. Those were his.

kim (weltek) said...

I love it when you are all tough.

*secretly giggles with everyone*

Glowie said...

heh. funny story. My old boss was standing on the porch with her then 3 year old son calling her husband to come in for dinner. Son said, "mommy, daddy is dickless, huh?" She promptly shoved soap in his mouth. She later realized he was trying to say "ridiculous".