After the stress of last week, a few enlightening moments about life and loved ones, and a grand total of 6 days off in a row...I've had a "Coming to Jesus" moment. I cannot continue to work where I do and retain any semblance of a normal life. I did not realize how stressed out that place made me. I did not realize how much of a bitch I had become in the evenings. I did not realize that I was taking so very much around my house for granted. It's no longer a want to find a new job type of search. It is a must happen fast type of search.
I just cannot continue to live life at that price. Even if it does pay the bills well. I may have to give up a few things - dinner out a few times a week, less driving, something. But my mental health and my family are entirely too important. I like myself more than that.
So I'm going to an impromptu job interview. Now. As in, I talked to the guy 15 minutes ago after emailing my resume this morning. And now I'm going to discuss a job. Eeeeek.
12 comments:
Good for you.
Money does not buy happiness (it can make misery bearable though)
Momma my Honey Pie, good for you.
How did the interview go?
Good for you. Full speed ahead! When do you start?
Ohhhh, good for you. I look forward to an update. Good luck to you, Momma.
And even though Swami suggested you do speed, I would not just in case they drug test you.
*smooch* Good luck!
Good for you! Hope you have a fabulous interview & it all works out.
Good luck, Momma!!! Let us know how it goes!
Life is too short to live through hell everyday.
*crosses fingers* for good news.
I really do admire your courage Momma. Good luck!!! *HUGS*
Good for you!!! {{{momma}}}
Good luck, Momma! *sends good job vibes*
Good for you Momma!!! Make the move and don't look back. It's scary making the move but I can certainly vouch for the fact that a bad work environment can make you a very unhappy person. I still have the occasional Mean Jean nightmare and I've been at my new job for six months. Life is too short to put up with crap like that.
I do not for a second regret making the move. You won't either when you see how good you feel without the stress.
Good luck Momma! I'll be sending positive thoughts your way.
Post a Comment