
First, an update on the baby steps to quitting. I've hit a roadblock. Temporary, but a bit of a roadblock, nonetheless. I dropped off my prescription yesterday. Went to pick it up today, with the intention of starting it tomorrow morning. However, my insurance denied the prescription because apparently this is too new of a drug and our plan doesn't cover smoking cessation products. And I don't have $113 to drop on the CVS counter 9 days before Christmas. I'll be calling the insurance company and the doctor's office first thing in the AM though.
As for the update...I am finished with Christmas shopping, except for three gift cards that need to be purchased before Saturday. I thought I was finished. But apparently not. *shrug* Gift cards are easy. Rotten2 came down with a stomach bug Friday night and was okay by Saturday. As Rotten1 and I were finishing up the Christmas shopping tonight, DH called. He now has the stomach bug. It hit right as he and Rotten2 were sitting down to eat. So...Rotten1 and I picked up dinner for Rotten2 and hauled ass home. DH is quite miserable. And I have never seen him this sick. He's not even pulling the typical male death from sickness routine. The rest of life is becoming slightly boring, yet a bit hectic. Nothing too out of the ordinary though.
Now, if you didn't see your Christmas present, go down to the last post.
9 comments:
It's okay momma. That's why we call them "baby" steps.
*smooch*
*SMOOCH*
Ack! I hope DH feels better soon.
Hey, you at least are trying to take steps. Keep up the good attitude.
Hopefully the germs will be gone from your house by Christmas!
Ack! I hope everyone feels better by Christmas!
That seems like a lot of bucks for a prescription, but then I live in a fantasy world.
I thought I posted here? Something about not wanting germs. Didn't I? Have I been banned from your blog? *gasp*
They really do make it so difficult for people to quit smoking. The costs of the drugs and patches are sinful.
Our insurance doesn't cover the smoking cessation drugs either. Sometimes you can get around it by having the doctor say the pills are for anxiety.
Oh and sorry your DH is ill. I hope it passes real soon and that you all can enjoy your holidays.
LOL at your Xmas present down below. DH and I were playing around with him the other night.
It really is incomprehensible that a health plan wouldn't cover smoking cessation products. That's as bad as the ones that cover Viagra but not birth control pills. What the hell are they thinking?
Merry Christmas, Momma!!!
Post a Comment