Sunday, December 10

Baby Steps

It's all about the baby steps right now. I've been thinking about, talking about quitting. And yesterday, I made my first official step. I went to the doctor. I now have a prescription. I haven't filled it yet, as that's another step. However, I don't expect to make this change quickly. This is something I have to accomplish in my own time and with minimal expectations.

I smoked my first cigarette at the age of 14. I wasn't a consistent smoker until 16. I'm 29. I quit twice - with each pregnancy. This time, I'm going to do it for me. I hate spending the money. I hate the smell and the taste. I'm ready.

I'm scared.

16 comments:

Bravie said...

Yikes. Good luck, Momma. I'm thinking of trying after the first. I don't have high expectations for myself though.
One day at a time, girl. *smooch*

Swami said...

Good luck, Momma. If you could quit while you were pregnant you can probably do it again. Thisa time it's for your grandchildren, right? So you can go to their college graduations.

Coco said...

Good for you! I hope you can do it.

Breezy said...

Yay!!! You can do it! *smooch*

mm said...

Good luck Momma. It's a big step, and even though I haven't personally struggled with that particular thing, my best advice is; don't beat yourself if you have a set-back. And don't give up if you have set-backs, either.

*smooch*

kim (weltek) said...

*hops* Good luck! Smoking is yucky.

Zombs said...

Good luck Momma. You can do it. I know it. I quit 7 years ago this January. I have had maybe one slip up about 3 months after I stopped. The trick was to stay stopped even though I slipped.

It is very liberating not having to stop and get them, having to find a way to smoke them...etc.

I still crave them every once in awhile but it passes.

Big smooches for you.

Anonymous said...

Ooooh, I'll smooch you now too.

Smoking is yucky. This will be so good for you. And you can do it.

Yay Momma!

Anonymous said...

BTW: If you give up smoking, you'll have the stamina to give up those front row parking spaces. *grin*

What? Someone had to say it.

momma said...

*snort*

I never park in the front row. Hell, I run up and down a flight of stairs at least 8 times a day. Stamina and breathing are the least of my problems *big grin*

Bravie said...

Be careful, Boo. I bet she is packing heat. And concealing it too.

mm said...

I pack heat, but I never conceal it. ;-)

momma said...

No silly, I let my husband carry!

Jen said...

Good luck, Momma! You can do it!

kim (weltek) said...

Have I mentioned that I'm starting a rumor you are preganant? All this talk of baby steps and carrying has forced me.

mtw said...

Good luck, momma. It will be a lot nicer *smooching* you when you no longer have cigarette breath! :)