Tuesday, December 5

'Tis the season

for Coughs and Colds,
Bronchitis and Pneumonia
Fa la la la la
la la la laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

It's official. 20 days to Christmas and Rotten2 has a nasty cough and snot. Yay. Happens every year. Someone has to be sick on Christmas. If the timing plays out, it will likely be all of us.

Bah Humbug.

Wasn't Glowie's 1st wedding anni not too long ago? Did I miss it?

5 comments:

mm said...

Yup, Glow's anniversary just passed. Can you believe it's been a year?

Hope you all get better, Momma!

Breezy said...

Ack! Take Airborne! Take Airborne! It will help. *airsmooch*

Bravie said...

Great now I'm gonna catch it by being here. Hrmph.

Swami said...

Oh yeah. I forgot that particular joy of the holidays with children. My generic advice?

- Wash your hands often and don't touch your mouth or eyes except right after you wash.

- Don't share towels, especially hand towels. Put out some disposable towels if needed; they're pretty cheap.

- Don't leave toothbrushes exposed on the counter near the sink. Microdrops of spittle/liquid can float several feet when people brush and wash.

- Wipe down doorknobs, telephones and keyboards every day.

- Teach your kids to sneeze and cough into their shoulder or elbow when there's no tissue handy, and to wash their hands after they use a kleenex.

Anonymous said...

Agree with Swami.

Also, it may be too late for this now, but I swear by Zicam. The past two colds Conner has had have lasted less than a week.

*knocks on wood*

I use the nasal swab ones. He hates them, but they work.

*gentle hugs to Rotten2*