Tuesday, April 3

Mid-week Randoms

It just dawned on me, again, that this Sunday is Easter. I have nothing for the kids' Easter baskets, nothing new for them to wear to church, and no plans for Easter. I'm an awful mother, aren't I?

I've spent some time on OT over the last few days. I haven't logged in, read, or posted in a few months. I'm a bit lost with so many new names I just don't recognize. Although, much has stayed the same, even with the influx of newer characters.

Tonight was the Spring Book Fair at the Rottens' school. I have never been to a book fair that did not offer at least something for adults to read. I was slightly disappointed. The Rottens, however, were thrilled as that meant more money for them to spend.

My main front flowerbeds are bothering me this year. They are green. They are supposed to be many different colors. Yet I have no crocuses (croci?) left, no daffodils, no gladiolas, not a bit of color beyond green. What is going on?!

I need new shorts and flip flops. I don't want to go shopping. Blah.

17 comments:

Kimmah said...

Hey, TM!!! How did I not have your blog linked? This confuses me. I've fixed that now.

Yes, OT is very cyclical. I don't know hardly anyone there anymore, thus I don't read. I'm just glad that blogs and other sites help take up the slack.

I, too, need more flowers. Right now I have a ton of iris showing (no color) and some flox. The rest of my flower bed is crab grass. I should have dealt with that during the freakish heat wave we just had, but I didn't. Now it's going to be cold and the yard will stay weedy.

Breezy said...

Go shopping for me too, please. *smooch*

I have no plans for Easter.

Bravie said...

*hops* I'm going to the Giants game on Sunday. Beats getting dressed up and going to the family Easter thing which takes place LATE Sunday afternoon. I don't like late Sunday afternoon events. I prefer to be in my sweats, eating bad food in my living room on Sunday nights. :)

Swami said...

It snowed on my almost daffodils. :( So my gardens are white.

I plan to buy Easter stuff tomorrow. If I buy stuff too early I just cheateat it myself, lol. My son is getting one of those BIG boxes of assorted single serving bags of chips - potato, cheeto, Dorito, etc, and some creme and marshmallow eggs. DD will get more adult candy - maybe Frangos or Abdullah chocolate mints.

I never go to OT anymore. It's like going back to your old college or aomething. You feel connected because the buildings are all the same and you have such great memories and know just what to do - but there are no familiar faces.

I used to think that OT should have split off into class years or something - OT of 2001, OT of 2002, etc. Maybe more people would have stuck around.

Swami said...

You know, it looks really stupid that Blogger broke my frowny face up.
:(

Bravie said...

I want to go flip flop shopping with you, please. :)

kim (weltek) said...

Weird that none of your bulbs are coming up, momma. I need to plant more spring blooming perennials.

I've cut myself off from Easter candy, so please give the rottens my share.

You should get orange flip flops. Orange ones look pretty.

momma said...

The bulbs are coming up. That's not the problem. The problem is lack of flowers. Stupid bulbs.

Puffy said...

So many of our plants froze during our cold winter (cold for L.A.). We've recently planted some flowers and things are looking back to normal.

*puts on rabbit ears and hops through blog*

Happy Easter!

Anonymous said...

Go here for flip flops: www.elizab.com

I am frustrated with my front flower beds, a first for me. I am taking off tomorrow and Monday just to work on them. Another first for me.

frodis said...

My daffodils in the front yard are exactly the same - all green, no flowers. Now that it's 28 degrees outside I have a feeling they're going to be flowerless this year.

I also had some hyacinths which flowered, but they didn't actually grow up out of the ground (bulbs too deep?) so there's a little squish of pink and blue that just looks stepped-on.

I always manage to do things like join OT right when all the cool kids have decided that it's not cool anymore and leave. Story of my life. I manage to do this with fashions and hairstyles, too. I'm just perpetually trying to catch up.

kim (weltek) said...

Hello? *points at self* Cool.

kim (weltek) said...

OMH, momma will love the quilted sandals, Boo.

I want the pink knotted ones! There are a few others I like. Not a huge fan of the logo in the center of most of them, though.

Zombs said...

I hav ethe kids candy for the baskets and eggs. However they don't really like chocolate so I don't have any which I am disappointed in.

But? I love me some jelly beans and sweet tarts!

Breezy said...

*poke* Why haven't you updated. Update now! *grin*

Swami said...

I forgot to say that my kids' elementary school always did a Books for Adults fundraiser to run simultaneously with the book fair.

Parents donated any previously read books (mostly novels - lots of best-seller types - and coffee table books) and the school sold them for about $1 each. It turned out to be a great fundraiser because 100s of books were donated! I always bought at least $10 worth of books each time.

Leftover books were taken to Goodwill.

Schnookie said...

I bought myself a chocolate bunny *grin*

I feel so lost whenever I visit OT these days. I don't know so many of the peeps there now.