My children will realize I'm not the complete and total moron they think me to be.
How is it that seemingly overnight, the children who thought Momma had the answers for everything, now think I'm a total moron? I thought this wasn't supposed to happen at least for a few more years.
Some examples:
RottenChild: What's for dinner?
Me (standing at the stove cooking): Tacos and chips and queso
RottenChild: Really? (looks in the pans and oven to double check)
RottenChild: Can I have milk?
Me (in another room): No, we are out and I need to go to the store
RottenChild: Nuh-unh. (Checks fridge). Oh.
RottenChild: Where are my shoes?
Me (in another room): In the bathroom, where you left them last night when you took a shower.
RottenChild: No they are NOT! I put them away.
Me (still in another room): No you didn't. I just stepped over them.
RottenChild (in closet): My shoes aren't IN my closet!!!!! (starting to get that whiney edge to the voice)
Me (walking into bedroom): Did you check the bathroom?
RottenChild: No! They aren't in there.
Me (walking into bathroom): Oh. Look. What are these?
RottenChild: Oh.
7 comments:
Can you hang in there for about 25 years? They might come back for advice at that time.
mmmm. I want tacos.
*totally relating*
I've got a 13 yo and a 10yo that are this way as well... they are bound and determined to drive me batty!!
pfffttt try getting a 12 year old to wear the winter coat THEY picked out.
our kids must be related. ugh.
Trust me. This phase is better than the next phase where they think you are made out of money, and that they are somehow totally entitled to blow said money on random, self-perceived, teen-age neccessities.
Don't worry. It gets worse before it gets better. :D
Post a Comment