its been a nice, quiet, relaxing memorial day weekend around here with a bit too much sun, just enough drinks and too much peace. i'm actually ready for the kids to come home from the lake with their grandparents.
beyond that, very little was actually accomplished this weekend. i desperately need to figure out how to rearrange the living room. *sigh* and i had big plans for making new living room curtains. that went as far as ... thinking about it. no fabric store, sewing machine still in its box.
ah well. i was able to relax. thats what was important.
Edited to add (on Wednesday): Who knew? I have taken a 'staycation' .... apparently that's the new term that's all the rage for staying home and just bumming and checking out the local attractions instead of going on an expensive vacation. I feel so....'in'
6 comments:
glad you enjoyed the weekend, Momma. I have too, mostly lounging with the kids and a little spring cleaning.
*smooch*
Glad your weekend was relaxing. *smooch*
I've heard that term too: staycation. I like it. That's what I did.
I invented the staycation.
As a leading-edge Baby Boomer I am entitled to say that.
Who knew? I guess I am "in" as well. We had a staycation last weekend too. :)
We've been spending weekends at the cottage, which I still think of as staycations as I'm only 20 minutes from home, but the bugs are so bad and it's rained so much that we've been stuck inside.
I had my neice up for the weekend and next weekend my nephew wants to come up. I really could use a weekend all to myself but I can't say no to my nephew.
Post a Comment