Monday, May 5

So.....

It's update time.
*Life has been a crazy whirlwind of ball practices - Mondays are my only 'free' nights. Got the Rottens' baseball/softball pictures this weekend, need to scan them so I can post them.
*My flower beds look absolutely awful. They are in desperate need of weeding and planting and mulching. I just can't seem to find time to do them.
*For the first year in .... forever .... I have not done the deep spring cleaning. *sigh* I do not feel good about this.
*I re-injured my hand/wrist last weekend helping Larry unload his motorcycle out of the back of the truck. Stupid tendons.
*Speaking of the truck, *sigh* Apparently someone told it that it's almost paid off because now it's having issues.
*The washing machine WAS having issues, but a $8 belt fixed the spin cycle. Thank goodness. I did NOT want to have to buy a new washing machine.
*We got our stimulus payment on Friday. By Friday night, it was gone. But, several bills got paid off or caught up, so all in all, it's a good feeling.
*I desperately need to go shopping for summer clothes. I don't want to. I don't even know what's cute for this summer.
*I have 3 pairs of shoes I need to list on ebay. Need to do this soon. Very soon.
*Rotten2's birthday is in 2 weeks. She's going to be EIGHT! And she wants to have a slumber party. Should be fun. Either that, or I'll be admitted to the looney bin.

*smooch*

5 comments:

Puffy said...

Sorry to hear about your wrist and the truck. Yay for a working washing machine!

It's still Spring, so you still have time for the deep cleaning.

Summer clothes? They all look like they're maternity tops in crazy wild prints.

Yay for slumber parties!

Breezy said...

*smooch your wrist*

I almost cried this morning trying to get dressed. I have NO spring/summer work clothes.

Swami said...

With all our late snow we did not actually have a spring this year, so I am exempt from the Great Spring Cleaning Conspiracy.

Bummer on injuring your wrist, but it is a lovely excuse to be exempted from the Great Spring Cleaning Conspiracy!

Really? Your stimulus is already out there - stimulating? We have yet to receive ours.

I always figure if the stores carry it then it is probably fashionable enough for me. Usually I see something I like, eventually. I have bought 1 new crop pants, 1 new gaucho pant and one cute print top. I may get a new teeshirt but otherwise I am done.

I thought you wore boots?

Slumber parties are way more fun for an 8 year old than for a 12 year old or teen. Do you have a theme?

Willow said...

Good luck with the slumber party. I still owe a couple that we haven't been able to do yet.

momma said...

Yay for rain! I got two extra 'free from baseball' nights this week. Of course, I spent them doing absolutely NOTHING constructive.

And? The vacuum cleaner died. So now DH is on the hunt for a new bagless that satisfies him. LOL He's worse than I am.

Breezy? I so understand. I'm tired of what few clothes I do have and can't seem to find time to go look for new clothes.

Swami? I do wear boots. But I came across an amazing deal for these three pairs of shoes, so I got them. I may keep one pair, but two are definitely going on ebay.

No theme on the slumber party yet. We've got to get the details nailed down this weekend so she can invite her friends for next weekend.