Tuesday, June 27

In a nutshell...

The Rottens....they haven't seen their grandparents in almost a month. The ex-inlaws are quite agonized over this, as they usually see the kids every couple of days. They haven't been over to their dad's in over 6 weeks. They don't want to go and I refuse to force them. Throw in the nearly weekly sleepovers, birthday parties, and a trip to the farm and the ex-family is a bit upset with me right now. The way DH and I figure it, the kids are growing up, they have several friends and are having fun. *shrug* If the ex and his family want to see the kids, they need to make an effort to make it happen. Since they haven't tried (up until this past weekend), then they have no reason to complain. And speaking of their "efforts," the Rottens are leaving tomorrow evening to spend 10 days at the lake with their grandparents, aunt and uncle, and cousins.

Me.....I called the company on Friday and told them that regretfully I could not take the position they offered me due to the money they offered. I asked HR to keep me in mind should another position open up. We'll see.

My oobie cysts....I go in tomorrow afternoon for my first ever mammogram. I am dreading this. I'm scared shitless. I will survive and once again, they will tell me that I have fibrocystic oobies. This time, however, they will probably recommend removal.

Breezy.....there is a new Keith Anderson song on the radio with vocals by Steven Tyler. It's called 3 Quart Country and American Rock & Roll. They played it this morning at 7:40 for the first time and I thought of you. I would have called, but...well...there's no Breezy in my cell phone.

Augie....*hugs* Your Keith needs to have his head examined. That is all.

Carey...I'm not speaking to you. Or Jen. Or Glowie. Or mm. Or mtw. Or Catt. Or .... any other person you had meet up with you in SF this weekend. Meanie.

Life in general....dealable. The kids are having fun so far this summer. DH has been in a pretty good mood. And I'm hanging in there. Stressed out, but hey - that's become a normal thing for me again.

15 comments:

Bravie said...

*pout*

momma said...

*rolls eyes*

mm said...

{{hugs}} Momma (even if you're not speaking to me).

Yes, you *will* survive the appoiontment tomorrow. I'm sorry you have to go through it, though.

*smooch*

Zombs said...

Just tell yourself this is something you have to do for you and those that love you. It sucks. It really does. But you will get through it.

Treat yourself to something after.

smoochycakes

Breezy said...

I'm emailing you right now. *smooch* Mammos aren't that bad as long as you have some boobie to smoosh. *smooch*

*sigh* why do I feel we're both having fairly crappy summers so far? *smooch* Maybe I need a trip to Texas.

~Nutz said...

Poo! to the grandparents! ...and the ex!!!

Good luck with the mammogram. {{{hugs}}}

Bravie said...

I hope your oobie exam goes okay today. Even though you aren't talking to me. *smooch*

Syren said...

I hope everything goes okay with the exam.

Like Nutz said...Poo on the grandparents and the ex. They are kids, and they are enjoyng their summer.

Surveysez said...

Mammograms aren't that bad, but for cod's sake remember - lift the oobie before you step back from the machine. Especially if the day is warm. Otherwise you stick to the plate and nearly rip your oobie off, and that would hurt way more than the mammogram. You can trust me on this one.

Schnookie said...

And, having had a mammogram and having not much oobie to put in there, it frikken hurt!

I'm thinking of you Momma and wishing you the best of luck!

kim (weltek) said...

Good luck with the mammogram. I'm not looking forward to ever having one, but know it's a necessary evil. *hugs*

You are such a good, reasonable mother. *smooch*

mtw said...

momma said...

Okay, the mammogram wasn't that awful. Awkward and strange, but not really painful. And good news, the radiologist's initial report says they are just plain old cysts. No worries. Yay!

Anonymous said...

*smooch*

I had to have a mammogram almost 10 years ago. I was terrified. I had those cysts too. I thought it was going to be so painful because that's what everyone tells you. And frankly, the thought of knowing your boob is about to be squeezed in a machine similar to a vice grip is well, terrifying. But like you said, it's really not that bad. And I think it's because you're so scared about how bad it will hurt.

I had to have mine removed. They wanted to do a biopsy. My surgeon was wonderful. And the breast plumped right back out after a few weeks.

Good luck.

Schnookie said...

Yay Momma!

I really need to have another mammogram as I am over 40 and my mom had breast cancer. It really is painful for me though because of my small oobies.

*HUGS*

Come on ladies! Let this be a reminder to us all to get our mammograms!