Monday, June 19

Update on yesterday and today

Thanks for the Anni wishes. Boo's right, it does seem like we've been married longer than a year. However, that's a good thing!

Rotten2 and I had a brainstorm! Instead of buying her something, I gave her my wooden handmade doll house. She'd never seen it before, as it's been in storage at her Nana's for the last 9 years. We bought new doll people and have decided to fix it up over the next few weeks together.

Rotten1 has been glued to his Playstation2 and 4 new games with breaks to go swimming and play with his friends.

As for the doctor's appointment....*sigh* It's something I've been dreading for a few months now. ***TMI ALERT*** A few fluidy cysts appeared a few years ago. They've been monitored but there was no reason to do anything with them because they were just hanging out. Well, a few months ago, I noticed a slight change in one of them. Thus, today's appointment. So, I now have a sonogram scheduled in two weeks and a follow up appointment to decide what to do in a month. Doc says there's nothing to worry about...so I'm trying not to worry.

16 comments:

Bravie said...

Good idea with the dollhouse. How nice to pass that on to your daughter.

If the doctor is telling you not to worry, then try hard not to. I think by some law or something they can't really say that it's okay unless they are pretty damn sure. *hugs*

mm said...

What a wonderful gift for her! That should be a great project for the two of you. Check for a PM from me, ok?

*smooch*

Coco said...

hi!

Thedollhouse sounds like a great idea! I know I would have loved something like that.

I hope you are well.

Breezy said...

Great idea!!! You'll have so much fun redecorating the rooms of the dollhouse.

*smooch* Carey's right, if the dr said don't worry then try not too.

Surveysez said...

Carey gives good medical advise (even if she doesn't follow it).

(hugs)

~Nutz said...

Happy belated Anniversary wishes!

Yay! for the dollhouse! You couldn't have cheson a better gift! I'm sure she will treasure it and it will become a family heirloom.

*crossing fingers* for good news about the cysts.

~Nutz said...

"cheson" was supposed to be "chosen"

*snort*

Schnookie said...

Oh, I've always wanted a doll house! I still want one. I pass by a doll house store nearby and get so tempted to go inside. Then reality sets in. If I can't decorate my own dern home, how the heck will I be able to decorate a doll house? LOL.

*HUGS* Do try not to worry too much, although I know it's easy for me to say that. And, good for you to be keeping on top of it.

Anonymous said...

It's hard not to worry, and I always seem to more when the doctor says not to. Good luck.

And that is a great idea about the doll house.

kim (weltek) said...

That was a GREAT idea about the dollhouse.

*hugs* I hope the doctors appointment goes well. I'm sure it will be just fine.

Puffy said...

I love the dollhouse idea. And it's a great summer activity for you two. All your blogger "doctors" are saying not to worry, too, so don't worry. Just the same, sending good vibes your way.

Zombs said...

Oooh! A sonogram! I think it is a girl!

Just kidding! Sending good thoughts but it will be fine!

momma said...

LOL Zombs! I doubt it's a girl. I'd say it's a boy. See there's a larger cyst in the middle and one smaller one on each side. *grin*

By the way, for those wondering...they are oobie cysts.

kim (weltek) said...

Ow. I no longer feel sorry for myself & my small neck cyst.

No wonder you are a bit worried. I'm sure all will be fine, though. My sister had an unidentified lump on her breast (we have a rampant family history of breast cancer), went in for a mammogram & *TMI ALERT* the pressure popped it & it disappeared. *gag*

yvonne said...

Great idea on the dollhouse! Sounds like fun.

I have oobie cysts too, Momma.

*welcomes Momma to the oobie cysts club*

*smooch*

mtw said...

*really, tries to avoid all the cyst talk*

*afraid to ask what a fluidy cyst is and how you know it's fluidy*

I just wanted to tell you Happy Anniversary, offer you smooches about the other stuff, and just say "hi"

*smooch*
*hi*