It's going to be a very quiet, very small affair here. Very unlike any Thanksgiving in the past 10 years. We had two invites, where we'd do minimal preparation with some driving. But, driving 2 hours up to the farm for dinner and then driving 2 hours back didn't seem necessary. And I wasn't too thrilled about driving an hour to spend the day with my aunts and uncles at my grandma's house. This is going to be a very emotional holiday for them (and me, too), and I just can't bring myself to deal with in her house. The Rottens left Saturday for the lake with the ex-in-laws and won't be home until Sunday.
So. DH gets off at 6 am. I bought a honey and brown sugar glazed ham. I have some stuffing and other veggies and rolls. I'm making a cheesecake. If I get out of my pajamas, I'll be surprised.
And I will enjoy sitting on my ass, eating, watching movies and football and the Macy's Turkey Day parade.
Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!
4 comments:
*smooch*
Have a great day, Momma. Love ya!!!
That sounds like a perfect day, Momma. Just perfect!
Ham? On turkey day?
*smooch*
I'm glad that you saved a turkey, but killed a pig.
Post a Comment