Sunday, December 3

Hmm....

My brother is planning a visit. My 24 year old baby brother, the only sibling I have. He hasn't been up here in six years. Not since Rotten2 was 6 weeks old. His mother (my ex stepmother) doesn't know he's planning this. I'm not totally sure she knows we are even speaking. He wants to spend time with the kids before Christmas. He's also talking about finally moving out of his mother's house by spring. He has a real job.

I'm thoroughly confused/amazed/befuddled by this. I knew the day would come when he'd start to grow up and realize that life isn't like his mother thinks it is. I just didn't realize that day would be so soon.

7 comments:

Swami said...

What a lovely Christmas present!

I did have to chuckle though
because I have always considered 24 or 25 to be the age when guys actually do grow up.

Bravie said...

*hugs*

Breezy said...

*hug*

Having family around is the best part of Christmas. (or so I'm told) *smooch*

kim (weltek) said...

Yay! This sounds fantastic!

mm said...

Oh good! I hope he does move out. I bet he'll be surprised how life is, away from mom.

Puffy said...

I hope he spoils the Rottens rotten. *grin*

~Nutz said...

That's great news!!! I hope you have the best visit ever!

Swami- Mr. Nutz is 41 and still hasn't grown up. ;-)