Thursday, December 21

Winter Solstice

Today is the first day of Winter, actually...it will be at 6:22pm.

Did you know that today will only have 10 hours of sunshine?

Did you know your shadow will be at it's longest today? Even Breezy and I will look tall! *grin*

17 comments:

Bravie said...

Shouldn't we toast this occasion with some bourbon?

Swami said...

It's a good night for some fireplace action! And toasting - but not with yucky bourbon. Tom really needs to hit a liquour store on his way home because we are all out except for 1 bottle of Reisling.

Just how tall will you and Breezy look?

Breezy said...

We will look as tall as we are when we wear red high heels, Swami. *evil grin*

Breezy said...

mmmmmmmm Reisling, I need to get some

kim (weltek) said...

*snort* Enjoy your tall day!

~Nutz said...

w00t! Can't wait to look tall! *grin*


I'm only 5'3"

kim (weltek) said...

It's ok nutz, it's that time of year when you can feel amongst your kin. Hey-shouldn't you be in the workshop right now? Only three days til the sleigh leaves!

Jen said...

I'm 5'3" too.

*kicks Kim's ankles*

Monstah said...

wishing you and shrimpy a very happy tall day!

Breezy said...

noooooooooooooooo no shrimpy, I don't wanna be shrimpy!

Schnookie said...

*giggles*

So now the days start getting longer? Yay!!

~Nutz said...

*whacks* Kim

kim (weltek) said...

Is that what smells like fish?

Bravie said...

I declare today "Shrimpy Day"
*waves to Shrimpy Pickler* <--the poster formerly known as Breezy.

Anonymous said...

It's already very dark outside here, and it's only a quarter to 5. I hate this weather. Hate it. I think this calls for something drastic like me cutting out 10 minutes early.

Lasann said...

We didn't even have any sun. Just rain.

Have a great holiday!

Puffy said...

I, perhaps, might have dibs on the shortest blogger here.