Sunday, October 16

Fire Department Open House

Today was the annual Fire Department Open House. Every year we end Fire Prevention Week with a big ol' party at the station. This year was even bigger than before - and more special to many of the guys because LifeFlight brought out their brand new helicopter to show off AND we just purchased a brand new $193,000 engine!! We all had a pretty good time, met the new guy who's running for County Commissioner, listened to a pretty decent local garage band and watched the kids run around and climb all over the trucks. Do you have any idea how small a trauma helicopter really is? Sure as shit isn't as big as you'd think! On the left, Rotten1 is sitting in the back, behind the stretcher wearing one of our friends' flight helmets. On the right, Rotten2 is standing on TOP of the old engine.

And somehow, during the course of the day, Larry and I managed to get volunteered to host this year's Christmas party. Apparently, we hold the reputation as the ones to throw the best party. I have no idea where they would have gotten that idea. *snort*

24 comments:

mm said...

hmmm...so you're having a party and a bunch of firefighters will be there? I think I will be clearing my calendar. ;-)

Great pics, momma, your kids are beautiful!

~Nutz said...

Awww, such cute kids! Sounds like fun was had by all!

You? have the best parties? Who would've thunk it! Will you be serving tequila slush?

Zombs said...

Yippee! We must start planning! I love Holiday Parties!

Bravie said...

The pics are awesome. Sounds like it was fun.

Do I need to bring anything to the Christmas party?

Breezy said...

I'll bring the tequila slush, just let me know when. :)

Anonymous said...

I love Rotten pictures!!

And parties.

jenbeauty said...

Party at momma's!!

Schnookie said...

Cute pics!

Partay at Momma's! WOOHOO!!!

momma said...

Of course, you are all invited to the Christmas party. Unfortunately, most of the firemen and paramedics that I know are married. :( But...there are a few firemen and flight medics that are single. *grin*

And yes...there shall be tequila slushes (as long as Breezy shows up to make them), margaritas, rum and cokes and beer. Something for EVERYONE - including Monsty Doll.

*smooch*

Now...what weekend works for you all in December?

momma said...

Oh yes - Welcome Bob!!!

Breezy said...

Do you want me to bring DD? Then the following weekends would work for me... 3rd or 17th... ummm actually those are the only weekends that work for me. I'll be on my annual Birch Run shopping trip the 10th.

yvonne said...

A party? With firemen? I am so coming!

*smooch* to Momma and her cutie pie rottens.

Rose said...

The rottens are adorable, as always.

*smoosh*

Rose said...

Breezy in BR on Dec. 10th. *clears* that day so I can shop w/ her.....

(I wasn't invited, but I only live 10 miles away... so it's ok if I just show up right?)

Oh, and Momma- I'll be in San Antonio sometime w/in the next 6 months; I'm coming to visit!

Seana said...

Yay! Parties with firemen are cool.

You have great kids, momma.

Zombs said...

Will there be egg nog? What are everyone's views on egg nog? Nog is funny dontcha think?

Coco said...

Oh, you're ALIVE? *smooch*

Glad to see you. Are we invited to your party?

Coco said...

*faints*

Bob spelled 'margaritas' correctly.

Bravie said...

I love eggnog. I want eggnog please.

momma said...

Egg nog? Ick.

Coco, of COURSE you are invited to the party! *smooch*

Zombs said...

egg nog in small doses is good.

Just don't get an egg nog mustache.

Immunegirl said...

I pick the 17th, because it is closer to my birthday.

Thank you, that is all.

HistoryDetective said...

So, if I stopped by a Fire Department open house, what are the chances I could find a nice fireman to take home with me?

momma said...

OMGosh....HD DOES speak!!!!