Thursday, October 13

Thursday AM Adventures

This morning began like any other. We all got up, got dressed, ate breakfast and headed out the door. I stopped and got my Coke. We headed off for school. Five minutes down the road, Rotten2 requests "her" CD that Larry "gave" her. It's a dance mix CD with the top songs from 1998(?). Song 6 please. Thank you. And we head off into:

Hi Barbie! Hi Ken!
Do you wanna go for a ride?
Sure Ken! Jump In...
I'm a barbie girl, in the barbie world
Life in plastic, it's fantastic!
You can brush my hair, undress me everywhere
Imagination, life is your creation
Come on Barbie, let's go party!
I'm a barbie girl, in the barbie world
Life in plastic, it's fantastic!
You can brush my hair, undress me everywhere
Imagination, life is your creation
I'm a blond bimbo girl, in the fantasy world
Dress me up, make it tight, I'm your dolly
You're my doll, rock'n'roll, feel the glamour in pink,
Kiss me here, touch me there, hanky panky...
You can touch, you can play, if you say: "I'm always yours"

Which is then followed with Rotten1's request for Song 8...

This goes out to all the Women in the world
Especially her You know it
Don't even matter your age
Don't even matter yo colour
Yo fellas I ain't Forget about y'all
This is for everybody Who like to dance
Just listen to what I'm sayin'
And do it And take a chance
I put my hand upon your hip
When I dip you dip we dip
You put your hand upon my hip
When you dip I dip we dip
I put my hand upon your hip
When I dip you dip we dip
You put yours and I put mine
And we can get down low
And roll it round

And then it's Rotten2's turn....

And she launches into a rousing rendition of:

We got winners, we got losers
Chain smokers and boozers
And we got yuppies, we got bikers
We got thristy hitchhikers
And the girls next door dress up like movie stars
Hmm, hmm, hmm I love this bar
We got cowboys, we got truckers
Broken-hearted fools and suckers
And we got hustlers, we got fighters
Early birds and all-nighters
And the veterans talk about their battle scars
Hmm, hmm, hmm I love this bar
[Chorus:]I love this bar
It's my kind of place
Just walkin' through the front door
Puts a big smile on my face
It ain't too far, come as you are
Hmm, hmm, hmm
I love this bar
I've seen short skirts, we got high-techs
Blue-collar boys and rednecks
And we got lovers, lots of lookers
And I've even seen dancing girls and hookers
And we like to drink our beer from a mason jar
Hmm, hmm, hmm I love this bar

And then we arrive at school...the kids head off to the cafeteria to wait for the bell and I head into Rotten1's class for the parent teacher conference. Where his teacher tells me that he's smart, he's got character, she loves him and he's a wonderful student. Do I know this child? Is he mine? Really? Okay, so I know all of this...but it's always good to hear the child's teacher tell you that he really isn't a little shithead like you tend to think.

14 comments:

Glowie said...

They're never as bad when you can give them back to their parents at the end of the day. *smirk*

momma said...

That is so very true.

mm said...

Glad it went well. You're obviously doing a great job with him if he is being that good at school. And they are always better for other people, that's just the way it goes.

Immunegirl said...

I'd date those songs from a little earlier than 1998 (at least Barbie Girl) since I definitely only heard them in high school and I graduated in 1998.

Glad to hear that Rotten's teacher thinks he's great! Yay!

Bravie said...

Yep, at least they aren't rotten for other people. That's a good sign.
*smooch*

Breezy said...

*smooch* that's all

~Nutz said...

LOL! at the last song.

Glad to hear Rotten1 ain't all that rotten. *wink*

Anonymous said...

I like Song #3, but I'm thinking it's more recent than 98.

momma said...

That wasn't on the CD - that was her totally :)

Rose said...

copies Breezy.

*smooch*

(I was gone and I missed you...)

Seana said...

You know, that Barbie song doesn't grate on me like some. I don't recognise the 2nd one and I love the bit in the bar song where the words go "I like my truck. I like my girlfriend..." and in the video there's this poor woman standing next to the truck that she is equal to in his affections. Makes me laugh.

And yay, Rotten 1! Good job! Good job Momma, too!

jenbeauty said...

Just like their Momma!!

Schnookie said...

I'm giggling at your daughter singing that last song. Must be so cute LOL.

I'm going to admit it here ... I like the first song. It's a catchy tune :-)

Glad to hear Rotten1 got props from his teacher.

Coco said...

Sounds like everything's good in your world. *bigsmooch* Teachers don't just say that stuff, you know. We're jaded, so the kids have to earn it.