Thursday, June 1

Quote of the Day

Courtesy of Rotten1 on the way home from his last day of school today:

"You know, Mom...it really sucks that grown-ups don't get a summer vacation."

*sigh* Tell me about it. *sigh*

In other news, Larry started using his insulin pump yesterday. I'm still sending out resumes regularly, although I haven't had any callbacks recently. The dog and cat seem to have some type of skin thing going on with itchy spots that turn into an open sore over time. It appears this will result in quite the interesting trip to the vet's office.

*smooches*

13 comments:

Bravie said...

I have been missing you muchly.

Breezy said...

Where have you been!??!?!?! You can't leave us like that. *grabs hold of Momma*

*smooch*

momma said...

Believe me, I've missed you guys. I don't wanna go to work anymore cause I don't get to talk to you! I feel so out of the loop. *pout*

Bravie said...

*grabs Momma's other arm and play tug of war*

momma said...

You know, I didn't expect to be caught in a tug of war between you two. I certainly have missed you both!

Seana said...

So you didn't get that other job? Damn.

I love the things that kids say.

*side note* I was going to type "I love the things that come out of kids' mouths", but then I remembered DS's little barfing moment today and thought better of it.

Last year, my cat was scratching herself so much that she had huge gashes all along her spine. At least, those were the only ones I saw. I took her to the vet and they found a whole lot more. They gave her a shot for allergies ($50) and she was fine for a couple weeks. Then I bought a bottle of $7 "soothing" shampoo for cats and washed her once a week for 3 weeks and she's been fine since.

Good thoughts for the pets.

Glowie said...

Wouldn't summer vacation be lovely? *sigh*

hi! *smooch*

Sonya said...

Maybe you need to spice your resume up a little. You have to really sell yourself on paper to get an interview. Anyway, just some unsoliciated advice. I have been looking at some many resumes at work. People don't seem to list what computer softwares they are familiar with and that is one of our major concerns. The perfect job will come will the time is right.

Surveysez said...

Maybe they were out sunburning with Carey? Are you brave enough to take them both to the vet together?

Anonymous said...

*grabs a leg*

Why is Larry using a pump? What did I miss?

I took a one-hour summer vacation today. Big Woop.

momma said...

Boo, Larry was diagnosed as diabetic a couple years ago and had been taking 4 shots daily. It worked well, but was a pain in the ass and he was having trouble with his blood sugar going too low too often. Thus, the pump.

One hour is something, right?

~Nutz said...

If you become a teacher or a professor, you would get summer vacations. *grin*

Aislinn Sirk said...

I plan to take weekends off all summer.

Saturday AND Sunday.

So there!