You guys are too funny.
Days Three and Four (because they kinda run together) on the farm...*whew* Would someone remind me why I was worried about what to do for 8-9 days? This vacation shit is more work than...well, work! Somehow or another (and I'm blaming DH), I sort of got volunteered to wallpaper the back patio room, which is about 15x8. This has been a unfinished (read: the area was drywalled 5+ years ago) project of the mil's. So, that is what I did last night and this morning. Until I ran out of the three rolls of wallpaper. And did I mention the place she bought this red brick with gray mortar hard as hell to match up wallpaper went out of business 2+ years ago? Eeps. Of course, I have two walls completed. The other two walls will have to wait until the other few rolls we ordered this morning come in next week. When I will not be here. And the curtains? Well...the material is around. Somewhere. *sigh* Yesterday afternoon also was the beginning of hay cutting on the farm. Much of this morning and afternoon are all about mowing with ginourmous tractors. This evening is the county-wide fire department meeting. FIL is Fire Chief for this area, so guess where we're probably going. The upside? Sometimes, fire station food is pretty damn good. The downside? Most of these firemen are not calendar material. Hell, I'm not sure I've seen any that are. Ah well. It's good for a laugh, at the very least.
7 comments:
I like hay cutting time. It smells so good! Good luck matching that wallpaper.
Mmmm, fireman food.
Sounds like you are working harder than when you are at work! The wallpaper issue sounds bothersome. You should just paint the other two walls.
I need our patio sealed. Want to come over this weekend?
Ack! I truly hate wallpaper. Give me a paint roller any day.
*smooch* Glad you keep checking in.
No wallpaper for us either. Not that I did it. But I can't stand to hear hubby gripe.
Hopefully you will find a little bit of rest.
I thought of you last night. I fried up some squash with onions and butter (add a little salt, pepper and Splenda). It was good. Sounded like "farm" food to me.
Ugh. I'm tired just reading about your "vacation."
Moooooooooooooooooooo!
Coco, a day late and a dollar short
Moooooooooo to you too! Sounds like you're going to have to go back to work to get some rest! :P
Nutz <--- 2 days late and 2 dollars short
Post a Comment