I am so tired of my kids. They've been home for just over 24 hours and I can't wait to take them to school in the morning. Between Rotten1 constantly antagonizing his sister, no matter how much trouble it lands him in, and Rotten2 thinking she rules the roost, whining, and thinking what she wants is law, no matter how many times she is sent to her room or has toys taken away - I am going to SCREAM!
Oh. Wait. I did that already. About 85 times in the last 24 hours.
I've tried to remain calm. I've totally lost it. I've screamed. Yelled. Ignored. Every trick in the book. Nothing works anymore. *sigh* What do I do now?
**********
On a happier note, this is my 100th blog entry.
32 comments:
Threaten to send them to their daddy's. LOL! That would make me straighten up.
That one backfires too, when it's been used in the past (once). Kayla screams and cries when in trouble and wants to go to her daddy's because she doesn't get in trouble there. So I've threatened to send her. I've called him to come get her butt to live with him for several weeks. He won't have any part of his children living with him.
Hmmm. Let me think then.
you drink. heavily.
I think Kimmah is on to something.
*takes another shot*
No answer...just {{{hugs}}}
Sorry to hear it Momma. I understand completely. Why *do* kids bait each other? Mine do it too. DD sings little songs using DS's name. He hates that. He throws things at her and sits on her. Ah!
Sometimes I wonder if they need to go use up their extra energy and I send them to the yard or, if the weather is nice, take them to the park. By the time we walk to the clean park, they can be pretty exhausted.
Someimes I try to distract them, but it doesn't always work.
Usually screaming gets me a bit of respite. I just throw my head back and yell wordlessly and they get all scared and stuff. *grin*
*gasp* Haven't you used the "I'm calling Santa" trick yet?
No, Breezy, I haven't used that one. It doesn't work all year long.
Poor momma! I am about to do a little craft with my kids. We have those paint pens. Supposed to be less mess. We shall see!
Is it better today?
Much better today - they are at school :)
Have fun Zombs. We just have water colors and acrylic paints. Easy clean up!
So you have peace till 5 pm? LOL!
But it's after Turkey Day, you can pull out the calling Santa now.
That's no good. Children that are being annoying and wretched are children that are not weaving carpets and we can't have that.
Personally, I think this sounds a little mushy, but I've read it a couple places. If the kids are being unpleasant to one another you put them at oppisite corners of the room. They have to say something nice about their sibling and take one step forward. They alternate until they meet and then they hug.
Sounds like a pretty awful punishment.
When I read that, the person said they would come up with vaguely insulting compliments. "I like the way my sister sings because it scares away the icky spiders" and by the time they met, they'd be giggling too hard to be upset.
Thank-you Bob. I'm going to hold that one in reserve for when they get older.
Is there a travelling circus nearby? *wink*
lol I've made them hug when they are being ugly to each other. It works once in a blue moon. This variation, however, might just do the trick. Maybe.
And Lightsy, that's not a half bad idea either. *grin*
I've used the "Santa is watching" threat twice since turkey day and it has worked splendidly both times. I do love the holidays.
You could always ask them if they would like you to find them something to do.
This always worked wonders when my mother did it, but maybe that's because she kept a store of particularly hideous chores to be done by bored children.
Either that or go with Lights' suggestion.
I've been good. I hope Santa still comes to visit me. *pout*
And what kind of porn spam should you get with a header that says "I'm desperate"?
LOL Coco. My mom used to hate everyone asking her where stuff was, so she'd say "If I can find it in 2 minutes, do I get to spank you?" I very rarely bothered her to find stuff for me. *grin*
I'm so sorry sweetie. I've had these meltdowns at least once a month. What gets me through? Constantly biting the inside of my cheek, until bedtime.
Everything else I try fails and then just pisses me off even more.
Once kids are in bed- self medicate with liquor. I always keep one bottle of the expensive stuff for occasions such as this.
*smooch*
Were they any better last night?
TOBOGGON RIDES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*jumps on with Zombs*
You roll with it, Momma.
Momma,
Where are you at today?
You could update any time now.
*poke poke*
Post a Comment