Wednesday, April 19

The Job Search is ON!

OMG OMG OMG.....I've gone and done it. I put in my resume to several different companies tonight. Only two are local. The other 6-8 are about an hour away, in what I lovingly refer to as my hometown. Tyler is the only place I've lived that I'd gladly move back to. It's big enough that I could be in town and still small enough that there is land and trees to be had.

Larry is currently working about 15 minutes north of Tyler, so finding a job for him is irrelevant. But...we own the house we are in, the kids' family is here. What the fuck am I thinking? I know, it's not like I was offered a job or anything. Hell, all I did was put in my resume. But, Larry and I have been talking about this off and on. He's never lived in Tyler, but he has really come to appreciate the area and made several friends in the 6 months he's been working down there. The kids' grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins go camping down around Tyler about once a month, so they'd still see them regularly - just not daily like they do now.

Cross your fingers for me. It's definitely time for a change - I just don't know how big of a change yet.

11 comments:

mm said...

*crosses fingers*

I hope that whatever happens makes you happy. I'm sure no matter what, everyone will be fine.

Zombs said...

*squeal*

I am happy for you! How exciting! I am all for change! I did not know that you were unhappy with your current job though. It is only an hour away? You would move for that? I laugh because for 7 years DH and I commuted 1 hour to work. He now commutes a full 45 minutes. If I had to go to the office it would be an hour away.

I hope it works out for you!

Bravie said...

Ooooh, how exciting. *crosses fingers*

Breezy said...

Yay!!! Good luck!

kim (weltek) said...

Wow, this is big! Congrats on stepping out on that limb. It had to be a big decision. No harm in sending out resumes, though. The big decision won't have to come until later!

Anonymous said...

Very exciting and scary.

I [i]visited[/i] monster.com yesterday just to see what's out there. A lot has been going on 'round here that I'm not pleased with.

Puffy said...

Good luck with the job search.

HistoryDetective said...

Good luck!

yvonne said...

Good luck! I firmly believe everything happens for a reason, and you will be where you need to be. Have faith it will all work out.

~Nutz said...

Oooh! Good luck! Keep us updated!

*crosses everything*

lights said...

I'm a little late on this one, Momma but I hope you see this.

Go for it! Send out those resumes and see what happens. You don't have to say yes when you do get a job offer. That's what my sister kept telling me. I'm so glad that I listened to her.

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you. Work shouldn't make you unhappy and sometimes a change is just what the doctor ordered. It is scary to take the leap but it's so worth it in the long run. It was the fear of change that kept me under Mean Jean's thumb for so long.

Good luck Momma! I just know you'll find something really great! *hugs*