That pretty well sums up how I'm getting through my days right now. In bullet points, here's my life right now:
* DH is working with the insurance companies and his endo to get an insulin pump. I'm working with our finances to make this work for him. Update: Looks like this could go very well for DH. He is diabetic and has been for about 2 years. Given his career, the shots have not been as easily managable as the pump should be. He will have to have it on him at all times (most of the time).
* I'm looking for a new gyno who is on our insurance. This will not be good. Well, in the end, it will be, but the process of finding and going and dealing will not be good. Update: I have found 3 ob/gyn offices that I will be checking out. I am dreading this.
* Rotten1 got clobbered in the mouth/nose last night at his baseball game while playing 2nd base. He ran up to catch the ball and instead of it rolling, it bounced up and WHAM! He's fine, just has a fat lip.
* Rotten2 has a field trip to a local horse ranch on Thursday. She's quite peeved that I will not be able to go, due to work issues.
* Work. *sigh* I hate it, but I'm showing up and doing my job. Right now, that's about all I can ask out of myself. Update: I received a call today from the hospital next door to the hospital DH works for. They want me in on Monday for TWO interviews!!! Yay! The first interview is with HR, the second is with the Construction Project Manager, who I would be working for. Even if I don't get this job, it's given me hope that there is something else out there. Now. WTF do I wear to an interview?!?
* I actually got a full child support from my ex last week. First time in almost a year. I'm not holding my breath for another one anytime soon. Update: Unfortunatly, after a minor shopping spree for the Rottens, most of the money is going toward daycare. *pout*
* 27 more days of school for the Rottens! Yikes! This is a whole 'nother post in itself.
*I need a nap....like a long bear winter hibernation type nap. Not sure if it's stress or what, but I'm constantly exhausted these days.
* Best of all, I'm trying (and partly succeeding) in keeping a good, happy mood going.
14 comments:
Good luck with getting a new gyno. That's never fun.
*smooches* to Rotten1!
I admire working mothers, I really do. Hang in there and keep up the good work!
What do you do when the Rottens are out of school for the summer?
Yes it sounds like youneed to get some sleep. Maybe you can turn in earlier one night?
*smooch* I know some days are just so hard and everything is so overwhelming. You can do it Momma :)
I hate looking for new gynecologists. Every time I find one I like, they go somewhere else. Maybe gynecologists don't like me?
Hope Rotten1's lip feels better.
{{{HUGS}}} sweetie, I know those kind of days. Remember to take some time for you if possible. It will help keep the mood even and help the stress levels. I have learned to walk away from my desk when things become overwhelming. People can wait 5 minutes.
I've never had to look for a new gyno. That doesn't sound like fun at all...
One of my favorite off-color jokes involves a gyno exclaiming "Fancy!" in the middle of an examination.
You've been a busy girl and I have missed you. *smooch*
Insulin pump - is this something that he has with him at all times? My Dbf is diabetic. Last night my boys and I tested our sugar. Mine was 129, younger son's was 109, older sons was 47. WTF. We retested and it was 74. I encouraged him to drink a coke. He's going to have all my health issues.
Baseballs hurt.
Horses are beautiful animals but I skeered of them.
Full child support check - shopping spree?
I much preferred summer when my kids were in school. Too much to do during the school year.
Take a nap!
*stops in to say hello*
{{{hugs}}}
Well, aren't you busy!
Good luck looking for a gyno. I assume you asked your regular doc for a recommendation?
I'm glad the kids got new stuff. Sorry there's none left over for the savings account.
Good thoughts for the interviews. Yay! If nothing else, they'll be good practice. At least, that's what I always say to myself when I do interviews. I don't know what you *should* wear, but from my experiences replacing myself when I went on maternity, don't wear:
- way too freaking much perfume
- way too freaking much makeup
- the comfy cotton dress that hangs like a bag
- flip flops
*****
*hugs*
Heh, I forced my ex to send me some child support the other night. Ex's are pain in the asses.
*smooch* Good luck with the interviews.
*sigh* I know what you mean about school almost being out. I'm already dreading the daycare bill. And? *sigh* I found out the other night DD's Aunt maybe moving to NC. There goes my summer help in cutting my bill a little. *sigh*
To add to Seana's list:
-no shoulder-banger earrings
-no jingle-jangle bracelets
Simple, understated jewelry is best.
And how nice if you can get a good job so close to where your husband works! Especially if that also means you can save a little on commuting costs.
Serious cleavage is a great thing to wear to an interview.
Wow, lots of stuff going on!
I got your surprise in the mail today. Finally.
You sound very stressed, but at least some good things are happening. Just seems like a lot all at once.
I've got my fingers crossed for you & the interview/s! Wear some nice pants suit or just dress pants and a matching top. Really, unless it's for a sparkly job where "the suit" matters, anything that is a little dressy is just fine. Make sure it's something you feel good in.
Oh, as for the gynos, do they have bios online?
Post a Comment