I went to the grocery store this afternoon after I dropped the kids off at their grandparents. Of course, I loaded my buggy (see also: shopping cart, cart) with the usual - bread, milk, chicken breasts, hamburger buns, bananas, pork chops, steak, veggies (frozen and canned), kids' lunch crap, Cokes, ice cream, etc. And on my way to the check out, what did I see? KC Masterpiece BBQ Beef Jerky. I love beef jerky, but hate paying for it. I usually only get beef jerky in the fall/winter and then it's usually venison jerky. I couldn't help it. The display was calling to me. I had to have some. I picked up a bag and put it in the buggy. I put the bag back. I picked it up again.
I ended up with 2 bags of beef jerky - Original and KC Masterpiece BBQ Jerky. Damn, it's good.
17 comments:
MMmmmmmmmmm, I love beef jerkey. I just finished a bag of terriyaki beef jerky, on Friday. Does that make me a California Hillbilly?
Females really eat beef jerky? *boggle*
So if you hate paying for it is the hillbilly part that you stuffed it down your pants?
Any chance you could download a fiddle and banjo soundbite to accompany this entry?
*smoooch* I *heart* you a whole bunch.
I don't like beef jerky. It just seems like a waste of good meat to me. Altho I do like KC Masterpiece BBQ sauce on ribs!
By Cokes you mean pop, right? Or Coca-Cola?
Yummmy, I love some good beef jerky.
There is a little mom and pop store here that has homemade jerky, and I usually try to get some whenever I am near there.
Carey the California Hillbilly *snort*
Yes, Zombs, females really do eat beef jerky. At least, redneck hillbillies do. And I didn't stuff it down my pants!
Monsty, would you prefer Charlie Daniels? *smooch*
Swami, in Texas, Cokes mean anything carbonated. Coca-Cola, Dr Pepper, Sprite, Pepsi, whatever.
Syren, homemade beef jerky is the BEST!
Will you mail me a tumbleweed?
Sorry Monsty Doll, the nearest tumbleweeds are a few hundred miles away in Central and West Texas. Um...how about a bluebonnet?
I have a great recipe for homemade beef jerky. I should put it in Vol. 2 of Bob's recipe book.
Momma, I thought of you when I read about a new PBS mini series: "Texas Ranch House." It's similar to PBS's Frontier House and other shows depicting life in another era. It's going to be on May 1-4 at 8-10 pm ET.
I haven't had that kind yet. I like the pepper spicy kinds. Yummy! It is to expensive though.
Monsty would look better in a greenbonnet. Just sayin.
chicken breasts,...pork chops, steak,
So when should we all come over for the cook out? *grin*
I've never understood the appeal of jerky. It's too hard to bite off a piece.
I don't think that I have had beef jerky since I was a kid. It might be interesting to try again...
Kentucky Chicken makes beef jerky?
mmmmmmm jerky, I like it all.
*smooch*
Huh, I dunno about jerky.
Barf. DH & step-sons love the stuff.
Blech.
Post a Comment