Saturday, February 3

I have.......

a new hobby/job! Yay me!

I'm making stethoscope covers! DH started this whole idea when he went into a medical supply/uniform store over in Dallas several months ago. Found one he liked and it cost $7. Okay. Let's dissect this thing - it's a piece of material, folded in half, with velcro at top and bottom. It takes 5 minutes to make. Costs so very, very little to make.

So. I found some kickass firefighter material for him and made one a week or so ago. He loved it. So. I went to Walmart and bought some Valentine's, St Patrick's Day, and just medical type stuff materials. And I'm sewing my little fingers right off. Ebay, here I come! I think I may tack a notice up on the bulletin boards at the hospital, too.

9 comments:

kim (weltek) said...

How cool! If you want some mail order business, I'd be happy to post something at our hospital (I work in the building).

Puffy said...

Last week, the View and Oprah had on their shows moms who made millions with their inventions. Millionaire momma, here you come!

Swami said...

Cool, Momma. What are you going to charge? *knows some fire rescue peeps*

Maybe Galls will carry it, lol.

momma said...

I'm charging $4-5 each, including shipping.

Gall's......now THERE'S an idea....

Schnookie said...

How clever of you! Hope you get some great business out of it.

Lasann said...

That's a great idea.

Monstah said...

Yay for you Momma! How cool it would be if this turns into a mini business for you. :)

kim (weltek) said...

I just read an article about a woman that made designer brown paper lunch bags (doodles and sayings on them). She has a growing business and is negotiating with Target. If it gets into Target, well happy money day for her. It's brilliant for that market.

Anonymous said...

One day I'm gonna read about your riches in People, aren't I?

Very happy for you!