This has not been a good week in the Momma house. Rotten1 has gotten in trouble again at school for saying something he shouldn't. And this time, the punishment at school is much more severe than any of us feel it should be. So, I'm fighting hard for a reduced punishment. So far I've met with a stubborn, disrespectful principal and a professional, semi-open assistant superintendant. We'll see what happens, but .... the fight is no where near over. So if I'm a bit closed off or disappear for a bit, I'm probably too damn stressed to think straight.
Edited to add: Not 30 minutes after posting this, the assistant superintendant called me back. She'd concluded her investigation, spoken to the hard-ass principal and come up with a compromise that, while I'm not thrilled with it, definitely addresses my two main concerns. My son's quality of education will not suffer and he will be removed from the classroom where he is continually causing or getting in trouble with a certain group of children. It's not the best case, but it's workable. Unfortunatly, this is his last chance this school year. If he screws up like this again, there's not much we can do but deal with what the school hands out.
12 comments:
*hug* I'm so sorry that you're having such a rouch time lately.
No idea why it double posted and why don't I see a delete thingy?
I don't see a delete thingie either, Breezy. Hmm....
*smooch* I'm ready to pinch Rotten1's little head right off.
Okay, that's weird. After I posted, little delete thingies appeared.
And it double posted me. UGH.
I still don't see any trash cans. *shrug*
I bet you are ready to smack him around some. *sigh*
*hugs* This sounds like a terrible situation for you both to go through. Hopefully seeing you struggle with it will also help DS realize how his actions impact others.
Glad a compromise was put forth. Good luck with the rest of the school year. Wish there was a fast forward button.
I hope it all works out, Momma. Once principals get the bit in their teeth it can be a wild ride.
Oh no! Good luck! ...and {{{hugs}}}
Sorry to hear about your "son" problems. Been there, done that. I assume he takes after his father?
Post a Comment