So down there, in that last post, *points down* I was spreading the Bravie love. Well, I still am, even though my plan isn't working as well as I want it to. But that's okay, I'm continually trying.
The plan? To quit smoking.
Carey inspired me, and I figured if she can do it, I can to. Well, I got the book and read it. And was feeling totally wonderful about the whole no smoking idea. So, I finished the book and smoked my "last" cigarette. Or what was supposed to be my last. Seems that idea about no more "just one" didn't quite stick with me. *sigh* But I'm continuing to try.
Right now, my problem is more along the lines of .... I don't want to smoke, I don't like the taste or the smell (which, smells are a totally seperate post), but every once in a while (maybe once a day or so), I smoke a cigarette. Why? Hell.if.I.know. I guess the simple answer is because I can. Even though I tell myself I can't, don't want it, don't need it, and have no real "cravings" for one.
Grrrrrrrr. But I'm trying not to frustrate myself. I can do this. I will do this. And soon, there will be no more one or two a day.
5 comments:
You can do it!
Yep, you can do it. Just like a diet or a new way of doing things, it takes a couple of weeks to break down the habit of the "old ways." You will be so happy once you quit and you will be setting a great example for your children.
GO MOMMA! GO MOMMA! GO MOMMA!
You can do it. Once you set your midn to quitting 100%, you'll be able to do it.
I'd love to see you stop smoking, Momma. Seems there are more and more people lately who are successfully kicking the habit, and I think you can too! Keep us posted and good luck!
I thought of you when I was watching the Biggest Loser. They HAD to eat the potato chips and chocolate bars and M'n M's and it was making them physically sick. Hopefully cigarettes will do that to you, soon. Hmmm, not that I want you to be sick, but you know what I mean...
Post a Comment