Monday, March 10

My house, the pet store....

As of 7pm tonight, the official count is:

1 yellow Lab, Trouble, age 8
1 white and gray kitty, Belle, age 2
2 African Cichlid fish, Fasty and Slowy, age 1 1/2
3 Golden Geckos, Buddy, Schizo, and LittleMan, owned for 2 weeks (Buddy) and 2 days (Schizo and LittleMan)
1 Long Haired hamster, newly christened 'Spike', now with us for 3 hours.

When did we become the pet store???? What's next? I swear, no more pets. At least, not indoor pets.

8 comments:

Swami said...

Fasty and Slowy? Lol - I love those names! What kind of cichlids are they?

I think you need a bird. None of your pets can fly.

Definately, your household is trending to a-pet-in-every-corner status.

I'm trying to remember the most number of pets we ever had at one time. I think it was 2 dogs (collie and newfoundland), 3 cats, 2 cockatiels, 2 painted turtles, a green anole (little lizard), 3 of those little rodents that are smaller than hamsters (I am blanking on their species name. Our "hunter" cat killed them one-by-one in a summer of serial pet tragedies), and a hermit crab.

momma said...

NO!!! No birds!!! I have enough creatures that make noise.

Turtles and hermit crabs...*sigh* I fear those will be next.

Gerbils? We looked at those, but the hamsters were cuter.

Swami said...

Gerbils! That's it.

Kimmah said...

good grief, hon, just say NO!

I'm the bitch mommy because I don't do pets anymore. We have an inside/outside dog and two fish in addition to a slew of creatures out at our farm. When the dog and the fish are gone, I refuse to have any more pets. I am just not an animal person.

momma said...

Oh shit...let's not even count the animals at the farm. A black Lab, an indoor/outdoor cat, a barn cat and anywhere from 80-110 cattle at any given time.

And no is the problem. I said no after the dog, cat and 2 fish. They figured out a way around it - saving their allowances and birthday money to get the animals they want. *sigh* Guess that's what I get for trying to teach them about saving money and learning responsibility.

Actually, it's not that bad. I don't mind the animals really. I'm just feeling slightly outnumbered by four legged critters.

Breezy said...

*snort* You could start charging admission to your petting zoo.

Bravie said...

And I thought we were bad with four cats.

Puffy said...

I like the names! *runs off to buy stock in pet food companies*