Wednesday, March 19

Remember what I said?

No more pets, right? *rolls eyes* That lasted all of a week. And this time? it was DH. He got pissed off during the Great Lizard Tank Exchange of 2008 (more on that in a moment) and decided he was setting the two African Cichlids free. They are assholes, won't live with each other or anyone else, and he was tired of it. They are now swimming happily in the neighbor's pond with the catfish. And probably beating the hell out of/trying to kill the catfish. *rolls eyes* So now he has 8 little peaceful, happy, easy going pretty fish. In a new to us 55 gallon tank. That required a custom cabinet built by DH.

*sigh*

Of course, this happened at the same time that we realized 3 boy golden geckos in one tank was NOT a good thing. Apparently, geckos stress out easily. Apparently boys will try to kill other boys. Thankfully, ours just stressed and found various places to hide and not come out.

So. Now we have:
1 Yellow Lab
1 Cat
8 fish (Gouramis and two other pretty fishes)
3 lizards in 3 seperate tanks
1 hamster who has new tunnels and a new spinny running wheel

Anyone wanna visit the petting zoo?

5 comments:

Breezy said...

*snort*

Can I have a gerbil? hamster? kitten?

Swami said...

Lol, Momma. The "lesser" pets are always way complicated, aren't they?

That said, Gouramis are the dullest fish in the world! Stupid too! Plus when they get big they are not as pretty anymore.

I don't know how big your tank is but if there is room you could get a couple of Paradise Fish. They are fairly small fish (1 & 1/4 inches tops) that are just so much fun to watch. Get a male and a female (the sexes are pretty easy to tell apart). Two males will just fight.

I used to have mine trained to jump out of the water and take a piece of earthworm from my fingers. Major fun! My own mini-dolphin show! Of course I had to lower the water level in the tank then because they took to jumping when they were hungry and one jumped right out of the tank and onto the floor!

I love Paradise fish. They look kind of like little Siamese fighting fish, but not so intensely colorful. The male has a very cool mating dance, and will flush with blue and/or red color while he does it.

momma said...

Sure, Breezy. As long as they all stay at YOUR house. *grin*

Swami, I swear....these pets...LOL! DH just wanted 'pretty' fish, he didn't much seem to care what they were. They are now living in a new to us 55 gallon tank. Eight itty bitty fishes in a 55 gallon tank. It's pretty funny. I think he's going to buy more little fishies for it. I don't know if he'll go for those fishes you mentioned though, they sound agressive. After the Cichlids, he's staying waaaaaaaaay away from agressive fish.

mtw said...

Only one cat? Slacker! :P

Bravie said...

I find it odd that Breezy wants a gerbil. Richard Gere much?