Thursday, November 17

Rambling...

Today was Rotten2's Kindergarten Thanksgiving Feast. So very cute! They all had made headbands like the Native Americans wore and vests with symbols on them, similar to what the Natives might have worn. Did you know you can't call them Indians anymore? It's not proper terminology. Oops. They sang several songs they'd made up and we ate our feast - turkey sammiches, pickles, cheese, fruit snacks, cucumbers, chips and dips, and blueberry muffins.

Rotten2 went back to school today. For a whole hour. While I was entering the kindergarten room, the school nurse came to find me. He'd gone to her because he still didn't feel good. I swear, if his father had half a brain and could see that the child didn't feel good - why the fvck did he send him to school? Ugh. So the nurse let him hang out in her office (since he wasn't running fever and had had 3 doses of amoxil) while I attended the kindergarten program. Then I took him back to work with me, where he somehow managed to con the CEO out of a couple of cough drops, charmed several of the women, and then we left.

Now I'm at home, the kids are down for the night, I'm trying to relax and DH is driving me insane. And now I feel like I'm getting sick.

So what have I missed since I've been otherwise occupied by real life?

8 comments:

Bravie said...

I'm just jealous that you have another life. I need to look into one of those. *smooch*
I always love seeing pics of the rottens. Even if we can't see their faces. *kiddiesmooches*

jenbeauty said...

Very cool. My daughter's party is next week. Not sure what they are planning as the room moms did not send anything home.

We are also getting ready for son's pre-school party. Its so cute to see him excited about it.

momma said...

I'd trade my other life in a heartbeat when it involves sick, whiney kids! :)

JB - where have you been??!?!? *smooch*

mm said...

I love the picture, momma. Too cute!

Schnookie said...

Such a cute picture!

I hope you aren't getting sick now. *HUGS*

Anonymous said...

Very cute, momma.

This reminded me that I need to take my Airborne today as I have felt a sneeze or two hit lately. Probably best not to catch a cold at this time.

Poor Rotten1. I think that fathers really are clueless about these things. We had a father bring a child to our daycare with Rosiola. How could you see these spots and believe they were normal. Freaking idiot.

Bravie said...

Make sure to put it in water, Boo. *snort*

~Nutz said...

Cute pic!

Poor rotten1!

{{{hugs}}} for momma.