Thursday, November 10

Random Crap

I took Larry's fire truck bank to the bank at lunch to cash in his change. He had 1 quarter, a shitload of dimes and pennies and a few nickels. Total? $17.03
*******
I went to the DMV to renew my drivers license at lunch. It's only been 2 years and 5 months since I moved. And four and a half months since I got married. I was in line behind a man who was renewing his license and a 65+ year old man who couldn't stand up straight taking his CDL test. It still only took 10 minutes.
******
Tonight we have to finish Rotten2's Turkey Project. I think all that's left are the feathers and the sand. I hope that's all that's left.
******
Rotten2 has been invited to her very first slumber party. She's only spent the night at a friend's house once before. I'm quite nervous about the midnight "I wanna come hoooooooooome" phone call.
******
I need to take the Rottens to have Christmas photos taken. Or I need to get off my ass and take them myself. Either way? They have NOTHING Christmas-y to wear. Yikes.

11 comments:

Seana said...

It's so cute that he has a fire truck bank.

What's a CDL test? Was he wobbly? Because wobbly people shouldn't get licenses.

Good luck with the Rottens.

Immunegirl said...

Good luck with Rotten 2!! Slumber parties are fun. :)

mm said...

How exciting, her first slumber party! I still have slumber parties occasionally, but now they include lots of drinking and stuff.

I'll cross my fingers that she makes it through the night.

Sonya said...

They are getting so big.

Seana
A CDL is a commercial drivers license in Texas instead of a regular class driver license.

Coco said...

I'm wobbly, and I have my license.

How old is Rotten 2, Momma?

Seana said...

Thanks, Sonya! My DH used to drive truck, and still holds his commercial license, but we call them by their designation. For example:

A(Z) = tractor trailer (with air brake)
D(Z) = straight truck (with air brake)

Oh, that's A-ZED, by the way. :D

momma said...

She's 5 1/2, Coco.

Monstah said...

Did you need me to ride on the top of the fire truck, behind that big wheel? (Probably a smaller fire truck, uh?)

I wish you were closer to Houston so I could visit you at Christmas time.

Anonymous said...

I have to take Conner for pictures too, Momma. But he'll need a haircut first and then we'll have to wait one week for the hair to look perfect.

I bought him a cute little button-down shirt and a a sweater vest for his pictures. And some khaki pants. I love dressing him all preppy and such.

I would like to take a picture of him with a Santa hat on, but he has a distain for hats these days. I usually have to put one on too, sometimes one of his, which is really funny.

How many little girls will be at the slumber party? I think that's very exciting for her!

momma said...

There are only 3-4 little girls spending the night. Her mom is a saint - I couldn't deal with 4 5yr old divas in my house for a night :)

Of course, I say that and guess who's going to want a slumber party for her birthday.

momma said...

Monsty, you may ride on the fire truck if you'd like. Although, the piggy bank one is slightly small. We do have several people sized ones at the station though.

Are you flying into Houston?