Friday, November 25

*smooch*

I've missed you guys! I took Wed. off of work to stay home with the kids. Ended up taking them down to the lake to their grandparents for the rest of the weekend, instead of spending quality time with them then shipping them off early Thursday. *shrug*

Spent Turkey Day cooking a small (turkey, stuffing, cornbread, french green beans, sweet potatos, and gravy) dinner for DH and me. Did absolutely nothing after that. Took a nap at one point.

Today, I decided I wasn't going to get up at the ass crack of dawn like I have for the past several years to hit the sales. There wasn't much that enticed me, if the truth were to be told. So, I woke up about 8 and took a shower. Got dressed and headed out to Walmart. They didn't have any more of the $6 jeans for Rotten2. However, they did have the $4 jammie pants for her and the $7 jeans for Rotten1. Most importantly? They had Dayquil and Nyquil and Advil and Robitussin. Hit up the dollar store for some gift wrap and headed home. Realized after getting home that I had wanted to go to Target. Decided I'd do that tomorrow. DH took me to lunch. I came home and took a nap. Then I drug out all my Christmas stuff. Our tree is up, stockings are hung, and it looks quite festive around my living room.

Tomorrow will be the 4th full day that DH and I have been home together alone. Thank goodness for monthly visitors and fire calls. He'd probably have driven me insane otherwise.

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving Day. Mine was complete - I burned my finger and cut another one while dealing with the turkey. *grin*

10 comments:

mm said...

Sounds like a nice T-day, to me. I skipped the sales too, it's just too much trouble for me.

Sorry about the finger. Ouch.

Oh, and give that DH some lovin', then you can report back to my blog. *grin*

~Nutz said...

Sounds like a good holiday!

You have the Christmas stuff up already??? Pffft! I'll do that when I get around to it!

Sonya said...

Hey, girlie! Glad you had a good one.

Bravie said...

I used to date a firmean. Then my Dad did a background check on him and he came up clean. So I dumped him. *grin*

Have a great day. *smooch*

Aislinn Sirk said...

Sounds like a lovely time.

So with all your extra time you were making me cookies, right?

Seana said...

Too bad you didn't burn and cut the same finger. Then someone would be along to suggest you just cut it off altogether because it is accident-prone.

That sounds like a great couple of days.

I want a grilled turkey sandwich.

Bravie said...

Who on earth would say such a terrible thing, Seana? *smirk*

Rose said...

I never shop on Friday. I'm glad you got some stuff for the rottens.

I? really want to put all my christmas stuff up now....

Coco said...

I went so far as to pull the box out today. We were supposed to put the lights up.

Except, of course, that two strings didn't work, so Mr. Perfectionist spent Three Hours (yes, three hours) fixing them while I played with Dominic.

Immunegirl said...

Hey!! Missed you too! *smooch*