I am so tired from this weekend. Rotten2 went to her slumber party. She had a great time. Called about 11:15 to tell me good night. And? she was the first one to go to sleep. Rotten1 had a friend spend the night while his sister was gone. It was between midnight and 1am that the two boys went to sleep. Of course, they woke up at 6:59am.
Yesterday afternoon we had our Cub Scout Rocket Launch. That was fun to watch. Afterwards, I came home and made dinner - chicken fried steaks, mac n cheese, rolls and peas. Blech. NOT my fave meal. But it's what DH wanted, so I figured I'd humor him for the evening. At least, in that small way. *grin* The kids had bathed, been fed and vegged out in front of the tv from 6-8 pm. They don't do that often. They were both worn out.
And this morning, I woke up with a sore throat. Lovely. I so hope I'm not getting sick. It's supposed to get cold this week, finally. Our high today and tomorrow is 75. The rest of the week? It's not supposed to get above 55. And it's supposed to be in the 30s at night. Brrrrrr!
20 comments:
I'm still a little chilly this morning. I was wondering if it would cool off before Thanksgiving. Wearing shorts on Thanksgiving just doesn't seem right.
LOL!
It's cooler here, too. It's been very nice, only light jackets needed. We even took the kids to the park by the bay (where it's usually colder) on Saturday.
It sounds like you had a nice weekend. Especially the 2 hours of zonked kid time. I really enjoy the time when my bundles of energy are subdued for a while. *grin*
Mac and cheese sounds good right now. Got any leftovers?
wah wah wah it's 42 here right now. And!?!?! I think someone's cooties jumped on me at the conference. *cough*
*smooch*
Do you personally know Walker, Texas Ranger? And is he related to Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman?
I think we're going to hit 75 degrees today. We usually go to Disney Land in November. Less crowds, cool weather...anyhow, mac and cheese does sound good. I don't even remember the last time I had that.
Monsty, interesting tidbit. While I do not personally know Walker, Texas Ranger, he does have a home about 20 miles from me.
And? Walker? is on the volunteer police department in his town.
I want that for dinner tonight please.
oh. Except not the peas. I hate those horrid little green balls.
I would also like some mac 'n cheese.
So glad that Rotten2 had fun at her slumber party and didn't call you at 2 am to go get her.
It has been so hot here the past few days. Not sure when it is going to get cold again. I dread it *BRRRRRRRRRR*
P.S. I am getting married in five days. Five.
Yay! for Glowie!
So what does everyone have planned for Thanksgiving?
(I guess the Canadians already had theirs)
Chilly? Band of wussies. :D Actually, all our snow has melted and it was positively mild today, though I have no idea of the temperature in American.
I'm glad the Rottens had so much fun and that they were tired enough to give you some peace.
Can I have some mac n' cheese? My beef stew turned out weird (what is it with me? first my pea soup and now my never-fail stew. Something is up).
Hi, Momma. I'm trying to catch up on the blogs.
Will you be mad if I told you that it was in the 70's today.
*runs*
Hi Momma! I'm just finding my way around blogland but I thought I'd stop by and say hi. After reading this I had to tell you about my nephew's sleepover on Friday night. He's 14 and called my sister Friday afternoon to ask if he could stay at a new friend's house. She said that he could go but she'd call at 8pm to see how things were going before she said okay to staying all night.
When she told me where the kid's house was I was a little aprehensive because we had just driven out that road to look at a house that was for sale and we took note that there were a lot of real *gems* in that area.
At 8pm she talked to him and he wanted to stay so she spoke to the mom and everything sounded fine so she okayed the sleepover. The next day my BIL went to pick him up. My sister said that my BIL wouldn't even step inside the house because of the smell that met him at the door. Apparently they had goats, llamas, ducks, dogs and assorted other animals living there. Not sure if the llama lived in the house but my BIL said it smelled like it did.
When they got home my nephew ditched his clothes and immediately jumped in the shower without even being asked. When asked if he wanted to go back again he said probably not. My sister was quite happy to hear that he wouldn't be disappointed when she said no if there was ever a next time.
LOL Lightsy! That sounds like quite an adventure. Oh - and welcome to Blogland!!!
Homemade mac and cheese????
How you like the weather now?
I'm feeling my bootie off down here!
It's been in the 70s here all week. Today it will be 77!
Post a Comment