Ever since she posted about houses, I'm in a funk. Combined with a major fight that is going on with the mortgage company, I am beginning to truly HATE my house. So last night, I asked DH what he thought about selling the house and finding a rental somewhere for a few years. I'm sick of mortgage companies, property taxes and home repairs. Plus, I could probably get a fairly decent chunk to put into savings until we are ready to build our house at the farm. AND it would finally cut the last financial tie I have to the ex - the house is still in both of our names. DH wasn't totally against it, but he did say that it would probably take a while for our house to sell just because of the market. Hm.....
Now I'm seriously considering talking to a realtor.
5 comments:
Wow, I totally relate to everything you've said here. I hope you can do that. Sounds like very little 'downside' to that plan.
*smooches*
*sits with momma and mm*
I want to do the same thing, Momma. Sell our house, put the proceeds in the bank for a while, rent a house somewhere, and not worry so much about all the stuff you're talking about. I think the interest on what we'd be able to put in the bank would cover our rent payment.
Sadly, though, the market is no better here than anywhere else in the country. You're competing with banks willing to give away their repos.
LOL, I emailed momma the same sentiment as mm & mtw (blogger was being poopy this a.m.). I guess homeownership is overrated.
I'm going to disagree only because you blamed it all on me.
Sounds like a good plan, I think. Just don't get gouged with the rent.
Around here, we'd pay more in rent for a 2 bedroom apartment than we pay for our current mortgage. We bought just before the boom and now with the slump, we're just gonna sit on our little butts for a few more years until Nutzboy finishes high school and the market springs back up.
I do think it's a good idea for you to either sell or refinance to get the ex off the house.
Post a Comment