Yes, I realize it's not even 8am. Blame it on Swami's talk of Tortilla Soup yesterday.
This morning before I left the house, I put a whole chicken in the crock pot with a can of Rotel, some fajita seasoning and a bit of water. It is going to cook all day. By the time I get home, it should be falling off the bone. Then I have some tostada chips, refried beans, cheese, and mexican rice to go along with it.
With the leftover chicken and broth, I may make soup or I may make enchiladas. Yum!!!
What are you having for dinner tonight? Or lunch today? Or what did you have for breakfast?
12 comments:
Sounds yummy! What time should I show up for dinner?
No breakfast today.
Lunch will be a Weight Watchers frozen meal.
Dinner ... not sure yet. DH is out of town so I don't have to cook, YAY!
Breakfast was a turkey sausage, cheese and Egg Beaters sandwich on a whole grain english muffin. I tried the Egg Beaters for the first time at work and enjoyed it. It's pretty easy to microwave an egg.
I also had grapes and some coffee.
Lunch will be diced turkey and a bowl of steamed veggies. Green Giant has some new versions of frozen veggies that you steam. I will also have a V-8.
I have not yet decided on dinner. Michael has been gone for the past two nights on his golf trip. But I think I will make the Schwan's Chicken Marsala and a nice salad. He will have more of the chicken, I will have more of the salad. It's supposed to be a meal for two, and it's not by a long shot.
I didn't have breakfast. *hangs head*
Luch will be leftover homemade pizza for the kids and soup *waves to Boo* for me.
Tortilla soup still sounds weird, but I should probably give it a try.
Mmm - chicken. Chicken is the bestest, most versatile meat out there.
For breakfast I had 2 pieces of cranberry-walnut bread, toasted. I'll eat the yogurt portion of breakfast later.
For lunch I have a choice of leftover Tortilla Soup or leftover Beef Stir-Fry. I think I will go with the soup because if I pimp up the stirfry a bit it can be supper again tonight.
I love chicken enchiladas. Also chicken taco salad.
Yummers!
Chris told me my "foodie bone" is sometimes a bit much for him. He LIKES mac & cheese. I told him to be careful what he wishes for. I'm not above giving up cooking during the week.
Breakfast was cinnamon swirl toast & half an apple.
Lunch will be leftover shrimp & pesto pizza.
Dinner will be an entree salad of some sort. I'll also be assembling lasange tonight and putting it in the fridge to bake tomorrow.
Just wanted to add a congrats to Boo for dieting so well!
I threw in ribs, onions and a bag of frozen stew veggies in the crockpot before I left for work.
I use my crock pot probably 3-5 times a week.
kim's fridge bakes stuff? I want one of those!
Actually, there's an oven that will keep things cold until you tell it to bake, then it gets hot. You can put a casserole in there in the morning and it will keep it cold, then turn on and bake. I think it's even networkable so you can log into your oven from work via the internet and tell it to start cooking. I saw it in a demonstration geek-gadget house.
I took out hamburgers for dinner tonight.
I have a headache today. When I get these headaches, I eat a LOT. I don't know why. So far today, I've had a pear, two cookies (maybe 3), five mini bagel dogs, some cheese and crackers, and lots of coffee. It isn't making me feel better so I will probably eat more.
Tonight I was really looking forward to making Chile Verde but I don't have the ingredients or a car to drive to the store. I thought about riding my bike to the store, but I don't have a lock for it. *sigh*
I was coveting that oven a few years ago, Frodis. That, and the Fisher Paykel dish drawers. You'll note I have neither. And, sadly, my fridge does not bake. :-)
I never eat breakfast.
For lunch I had an italian sub.
For dinner I will probably make a smoothie, and maybe have some toast or a bowl of cereal. HoneyNut Cheerios.
I'll be having a salad and some teryaki chicken wings. :)
Breakfast: Smart Start cereal
Lunch: yogurt
Snacks: Halloween chocolate candy
Dinner: Heated up a frozen pizza. Went up the block to catch a good view of the fires. Stayed to talk to a neighbor. BURNT the pizza. Yes, yes, I know.
Post a Comment